Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Moving the Mule

old-iron-habit ยท 2018-02-05 21:18

It warned up this afternoon so I moved the Iron Mule to a new landing. Welder Dave, put your shades on so you don't burn your eyes on my bright trailer deck.

Replies11
  1. #1d9gdon2018-02-05 21:30

    Is that the one that bucked you off last year? Put your seat belt on this time LOL.

  2. #2td25c2018-02-05 21:36

    I love that Iron Mule ! Detroit mill up front & Ford gears puttin power to the ground Trailer deck turned out nice !

  3. #3farmerlund2018-02-06 03:19

    Where are we logging next? Getting kind of bored over here.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-02-06 04:20

    Snow.. LOL.. its gonna be 72* today & my garden is already tilled.. That being said.. it looks like fun.. she looks like a BEAST..

  5. #5old-iron-habit2018-02-06 10:04

    This one has the Ford 3 cylinder Diesel. Same as Ford 5000 ag tractor. 4 speed with 2 speed transfer case and Ford rear ends. It is a sweet little machine.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2018-02-06 10:06

    Just moved to 120 acres about 12 miles west of home. This year's cutting is all big wood. 20 to 30 inch on the stump. To big for the old Hydro-Ax so all hand felling.

  7. #7Junkyard2018-02-06 10:34

    If you were closer I'd come help knock em down. I enjoy that.

  8. #8td25c2018-02-06 20:54

    Cool ! All Ford power on this Mule . Our Ford 4000 has that engine , 201 cube 3 cylinder . Around 52 horsepower , pretty good on fuel & pulls hard to the end . Like that tractor .... Sometimes the Old Man even lets me work on it . HeavyEquipmentForums Noticed the Mule even has some Ford sheet metal around the operators station . Nice unit old - iron !

  9. #9old-iron-habit2018-02-15 23:26

    Moving a little wood with the mule. I throw a couple buckets of 12 ft long maple in the bottom of the bunk and then fill with popular pulpwood at 100 inches. When unloading, the pulp goes on the pile and the maple goes in the dump trailer to go home with me. Makes next years firewood gathering fairly easy.

  10. #10colson042018-02-16 00:50

    Oh i wish I wish I had a skidder...

  11. #11motoOzarks2018-10-26 22:29

    I liked the Ford 3 cylinder I had