Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mph

petepilot · 2024-10-08 23:00

Road speed gain by just changing from 22.5 to 24.5 tires both tall ??

Replies16
  1. #1chidog2024-10-09 01:26

    Way to sleepy for this, I'm thinking 5 ?

  2. #2cfherrman2024-10-09 13:02

    4.6%

  3. #3DDoug2024-10-09 13:06

    Tire rack has calculators, there should be same for OTR tires. Try the OEM websites.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-10-10 02:01

    I would think you could get a different gear or whatever to calibrate the speedometer.

  5. #5Vetech632024-10-10 07:42

    Just follow the fastest driver in front of you lol

  6. #6eastroad2024-10-11 21:29

    Next fastest might be a better idea. Let the guy in the most hurry attract the cop’s attention. And keep a proper distance behind so as not to seem too aggressive. Slow and steady wins the race.

  7. #7eastroad2024-10-11 21:35

    “ And I started counting phone poles goin’ by at the rate of four to the seventh power” I forget the rest of the lyrics......”Wolf Creek Pass”

  8. #8Truck Shop2024-10-11 21:37

    phone gps.

  9. #9crane operator2024-10-11 21:43

    11r22.5 is 504 revolutions per mile 11r24.5 is 480 revolutions per mile A truck running 1500RPM, with 3.90 rears, and a .73 overdrive- With 11r22.5 =62mph with 11r24.5=65mph

  10. #10Truck Shop2024-10-11 21:47

    It's good crane op is taking over the vehicle trouble shooting!

  11. #11crane operator2024-10-11 21:53

    Internet problems are usually easier than mine at work. I avoid the hard questions here. No one wants to dig out the books anymore. Nothing is available, if I find it in the books. Or if it is actually available, its 8 weeks out. We were expecting seals this week for a drop box, for a crane that's filling my driveway and blocking the shop doors. Instead of the seals, we got overnighted two yellow spinning lights. A crane outfit in colorado got our seals. Somebody put the wrong shipping stickers on the wrong boxes....

  12. #12Truck Shop2024-10-11 21:59

    They were looking at their phone instead of the boxes.

  13. #13cfherrman2024-10-11 22:37

    Did everyone miss my post? 4.6%

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-10-11 22:42

    Could be the shop doesn't pay enough to get a decent shipper. I see it in a lot of parts places where you pretty much need to know exactly what you need and the part numbers if you expect to get what you need.

  15. #15Welder Dave2024-10-11 22:44

    I think it's easier for people to comprehend the actual speed difference than figuring out the percentage difference.

  16. #16Truck Shop2024-10-12 09:49

    Well I after spending a good portion of my shop years with 22.5's, I knew the answer, I just chose not to reply with it.