Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mtl16 final drive oil capacity

dagnuten ยท 2016-07-14 02:32

Hi, first post. Usually can find the answers with the search button, but cant seem to get it this time. Does anyone know the capacity of the final drive on a mtl16 (or tl130)? I found a parts manual but no service or owners manual... so if anyone can help there, let me know. Thanks for all the help in the past too!

Replies2
  1. #1bdog12342016-07-17 15:53

    Most final drives on skid steers take a quart or so. It should have a fill hole and a drain hole. Your manual should detail it further but on the ones I have changed you line the holes up vertically, drain it, put the bottom plug back in and fill until it the oil level is at the fill hole.

  2. #2dagnuten2016-07-17 17:01

    Thanks, I finally found it on another forum. 1.02 quarts for anyone else looking. But yes, fill it till it leaks out the 3 or 9 oclock position. Funny how easy it is to find the parts manuals but not the shop manuals... oh well