Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130/ TL230 differences?

Mark13 ยท 2016-07-14 14:31

I have a 2010 Tak TL230 with the Yanmar motor, I'm looking to source filters and such from my local Napa if possible to save the drive time to/from the dealer and usually the extra cost for normal service intervals. The cross reference book at Napa shows oil, fuel, hydraulic, and air filters for a TL130 but only shows an oil filter for my TL230. I've looked online some to see if I can cross reference more of the filters but have not been able to find much information that's trust worthy or accurate. Does anyone have a list of the Tak filters crossed to other more common filters or know the differences between the TL130 and TL230? I would even be open to ordering filters online somewhere if there's a tak dealer or supplier that sells stuff at a better price then through a local small town dealer.

Replies6
  1. #1Mark132016-07-17 11:51

    Would this question fit better in a different section on here?

  2. #2f311fr12016-07-17 19:09

    Have you looked at the Wix or Baldwin cross reference info on their web sites?

  3. #3Mark132016-07-17 20:38

    I tried every number off the filter boxes I could find and I couldn't get anything to cross. I could get stuff for a 130 to show but according to what I've found online the 130 and 230's have slightly different part numbers for the fuel, oil, and outer air filters. I also tried using their machinery match/finder page and looking my machine up as both a Gehl and a Mustang and didn't get any results either.

  4. #4movindirt2016-07-17 22:17

    Hey Mark, try Luby equipment services in Springfield, we got everything from them when we had our Takeuchi. Great guys to deal with, give them a call, I'm sure they could get it figured out for you.

  5. #5Mark132016-07-17 22:25

    I got more creative with my searching and seem to have found what I was after. I need to check my machine in the morning to see what the outer air filter looks like as I found 2 slightly different styles, but I seem to have found everything. I was able to find the filters by searching for a TL230 as well as for a Gehl CTL65 and a Mustang MTL316 and then crossing various filters through a couple different sites to come up with Napa part numbers in the end. Who knew finding some basic filters would be so tough for a machine that I wouldn't consider an "off brand" but definitely isn't as popular as a Cat, Deere, Bobcat,etc.

  6. #6pafarmer2016-07-18 06:44

    Check Baldwin online for cross reference....I think the 130 and 230 share most all of the same filters with the GEhL and Mustang...