I bought a 1992 Ford F700 dump truck to haul off the spoils from enlarging my pond. I am hauling a lot of wet clay. Is there something I can spray the inside of the bed with to keep the mud from sticking? hugs, Brandi
Diesel fuel works great for these sticky bed situations... Farmer
Thanks Farmer. Do you spray it on or just slosh it on? hugs, Brandi
Fill up a 2 gal. pump-up sprayer and use that to wet it down. Less waste than sloshing it on.
If you're worried about pollution, stop by a few fast food places and ask if you can have waste vegetable oil from the deep fryers, works great, lol.
Mowingman, That will work for me. I have a 2 gal. sprayer. hugs, Brandi
Lantraxco, Oh wow, that will make me hungry. But I'll have to complete with those biodiesel distillers for the waste oil.lol hugs, Brandi
Hey Brandi, I have broomed it out of a 5 gallon pale in the past but I use a small 2 gallon sprayer these days and apply a even thin coat and it's smooth sailing....or dumping......my pleasure to help.....
Thanks! hugs,. Brandi
What, besides a pressure washer, will get it out once it is stuck in the bed? I left the bed raised and tried to bang the tailgate by driving forward and braking fast. Then driving backwards and stopping fast. I couldn't get the tailgate to bang the bed. Banging a tailgate, is this just a dual tandem dumptruck thing, or can a single axle dumptruck bang it's tailgate? This mud was put in Sunday and the bed left up. Each day I have to get the pressure up, to get the bed back up, as the upper cylinder leaks down. hugs, Brandi
I would think at this point the easiest way to get it out would be to reach into the body while its up in the air with your excavator and VERY GENTLY scrape out the dried clay. I do this all the time when damp screened soil or fill builds up in my truck body. Remember, BE GENTLE.....
Or a pick and shovel by hand. Those old beds with the hump for the cylinder are the WORST for sticking stuff....
In the old days we would pick and shovel it out each day,now we reach in with one of the mini Excavators if needed and clean each truck out daily. There are no simple solutions for removing this dried up and stuck on material. The best thing you can do for the bottom line or your time is to prevent it from happening as we discussed up further in this thread..
Prop the bed up partway with a block of wood, it's safer and easier to work at a slight angle than all the way up. Break it loose all around the edges then dump and repeat. Or use a sprinkler if it's dried on tough, and you don't pay a water bill. Heck, just aim a garden hose nozzle at the mud right next to the side and re adjust it every hour or so. Use some #4 copper as a "hand" to hold the nozzle.
I got my 48 inch cleanout bucket on the CAT right now. Kinda wide. I am not sure if the backhoe will get up and over the tailgate. hugs, Brandi
The dump bed has a safety kick stand on the frame for servicing. I looked and looked for the fill port to the hyd. tank and only found it after raising the bed. Gotta be careful filling that one. I will probably hit it with the 2 inch hose from the Honda water pump...................when I get aroundtoit. lol hugs, Brandi