I am looking at purchasing a John Deere 843J Feller Buncher to put a rake on to clean a clearcut. I would like to be able to run a mulching head as well. Is that something that is possible? Or should I look for something like a GeoBoy Linebacker and get a rake for it? Any info would be appreciated.
I would check the hydraulic flow on the 843J. SOm eof the feller bunchers don't have as much as you'd expect. I big skid steer is about 40 GPM now and some of the bunchers aren't a lot more than that. It will get work done but probably not like you'd want. I see a few bunchers around me with rakes on them and they seem to work very sell for that.
There is a hydraulic kit for the John Deere 843L and L2 wheel hot saw rubber tire bunchers to make them better suited to run mulching heads. The L2 has around 270hp & heavier compared to a 843J that was around 225hp. L2s 270hp plus alternate hydraulic pump was matched to a Fecon 86 inch mulching head John Deere Launches Mulcher Hydraulics Conversion Kit for the 843L and 843L-II Wheeled Feller Bunchers - International Forest Industries John Deere Launches Mulcher Hydraulics Conversion Kit for the 843L and 843L-II Wheeled Feller Bunchers, allowing you to equip your machine for mulching. internationalforestindustries.com