Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MultiQuip

RobVG ยท 2012-08-24 22:01

We have a double drum Honda powered walk-behind roller. Last time I started it I got it to run okay but wouldn't move, It just died when I put it "in gear". It had been sitting for 2 years. 4 O'clock today, they tell me they want it Monday morning. I'm hoping something is stuck or rusted or something. On the side label it says to push in the two buttons on the side of the transmission (hyd brake) in order to roll it without power. I did that and tomorrow plan on chaining it to my truck to it to unstick things. Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated. Rob

Replies5
  1. #1willie592012-08-24 22:08

    Haven't worked on a MultiQuip Rob, can't help you much on that one, does sound like brake is engaged, or not being disengaged, though.

  2. #2RobVG2012-08-25 22:30

    Well, got her going. Drained the smelly brown fuel and added Fresh fuel- started right up. Yesterday lubed the chain. With the hyd lock 'off', gave it a pull with the service truck and it rolled free. Every thing works but the smashed full tank leeks out the cap and I think the float is stuck. Guess I'll get to that tomorrow.

  3. #3willie592012-08-25 22:41

    Well, that's progress.

  4. #4RobVG2012-08-26 17:37

    All's good under the hood. Last time I worked on it, I took the floatbowl off to make sure all the crud was cleaned out. On this carb, there is only about 20 thou clearance between the edge of the bowl and its hosing. I had put it back on slightly ****-eyed and that's why it was puking fuel. But don't tell anybody, mmk?

  5. #5willie592012-08-26 17:50

    I don't have to tell anybody there Jethro...you just did.