I had hydraulic fluid leaking from between the front rollers. So I took off a roller/drive assembly to find 3 out of the 4 motor bolts broke and 1 on the other drive motor was broke also. What might have caused this?
Not to be a smart ass but probably vibration. Those trench rollers take a beating internally and externally.
Can't say for sure myself, but just a few guesses, bolt fatigue, bolts torqued too tightly, and what CM said...anything that jumps around like a Mexican jumping bean on steroids is bound to rattle things loose or break a few things.
Thanks guys, TBH it's kind of a relief to hear that it's just "The nature of the beast" . I guess I should have asked in the first post but does anyone have a favorite place for Rammax parts?
I confer with the above. If an assembly gets a bit loose the bolts can shear. Prior to re-assembly consider running a sharp quality tap in. Don't forget to properly torque? Legdoc