Murphy was/is an azz.... Steam cleaning the 72" mower deck tonite. A month late, dark out, freezing temps, flashlight in one hand, stiff-arming the wand in the other and I'm soaking wet. Finish up, start putting everything away. Sometime between rolling the washer outside and finishing, one of the tires blew an innertube. Grabbed it, tilted it back to roll it inside and damn near blew out both hernias again. I hate Mr. Murphy
I would like to have a washer inside with a easy way to run the hose through a hole in the wall. We tryed to get the boss at work to do this i bet it was easily save a grand or more in labor wheeling it in and out it would get used more and cut down on spending money at car washes.
Hey you could rig up some plumbing to leave the hose and gun out, and just flip a couple of valves and blow out the line and wand with air.
Hey Bumpsteer, try running on O'Shea's law which is " Murphy is a fookin optimist".
Well it could be worse. Your mistress isn't Pregnant is she?
Could be MUCH worse, your mistress could be a unknown First Cousin and pregnant!
Pew.
This could be an interesting thread, there is alot of strange crap that happes out there.
More than Most will want to know!!!
Last shop I worked (retired 2 mos. ago) we had the diesel powered pressure washer located in the corner right next to overhead door, roll the hose out and close door on the line,, when done just roll 'er back up and close the door, no draining involved....Only issue with that set-up was the dumbass drivers running over the hose, even with cones next to it...
When I was 10-12 I had a dedicated gas can for my snowmobile. remember in those day you had to mix the oil in the gas, no oil injection. Ran low on gas one day filled up out of MY gas can. Sled ran for about a minute than quit. Struggled for a few hrs to get it running right. It would run for short bursts than foul the pluggs. Finally gat my dad to help me. We messed around for awhile than he asked what i put in for gas. I replied " from my gas can". Long pause, dad says I drained the diesel out of the tractor into your can to replace the fuel guage sender. Murphy got us both that day. LOL
I wanna do a permanent install, hard pipe outlets, couple a good pump to an electric motor. Just hit a stop/start station and go.
Just to add insult to injury....l checked the tire size, went and bought a tube, pulled the tire only to find out its tubless. Must've been low on air and the bead broke loose..... Ed
I've been wanting to do the same thing for years. We used really nice electric pressure washers on the drilling rigs. It was nice having a wand sitting in the corner of the rig floor waiting for you. Need to clean some threads on a pipe? Grab wand, blast for 20 seconds, set it aside and go. No dragging hoses, no pulling out and gassing up an engine, no winterizing everytime you stopped, etc. I would certainly keep my truck and bobcat a lot cleaner if I had one set up and ready to go. But have you priced commercial, electric, wall-mount pressure washers?! They think they're plated in gold! The residential variety are about worthless, or maybe I've just been tainted and spoiled having used really nice equipment in the past. If you do spec out and build your own unit, share your parts list, please.
40 years ago i worked a short stint with a company that built car washes. Piecing them together is not so bad.
Murphy was with me today, I steam cleaned an engine, then threw it into regen just to get my oil leak flowing and find out where it was coming from. Right about then the DPF temp hit 1400 degrees and shut down for high exhaust temp. I was able to shoot this pic of the cherried catalyst.
Murphy loves company, been a second seat companion of mine for DECADES, wish could get rid of the b*****d.
You are in Missouri, you are allowed to have sex with your cousin, you just can't do the marriage thing.
Well Actually In MO yes you can!!!! Know a few that arrived at that distinctive crossroads!!
With them PW tires, most of them are chinese junk, last just long enough to pop after the warranty expires. I generally cut a new wheel out of scrap plywood, glued and screwed together for extra width. If you wanna get fancy, paint the "tire" black, and letter with a white brush, Woodyear!