Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang 2060 won’t turn over

Jaybuild ยท 2009-09-10 15:08

A couple of months ago I had a problem where my machine wouldn't turn over. I isolated it to a neutral safety switch. The problem has happened again. I jumped out both neutral switches, seat belt and seat switch. No luck. When I turn on the ignition switch the parking brake switch does not light up. The problem is I don't know where the brake solenoid is. I went to the dealer and I got a black and white copy of the schematic, and they said they would E mail me a copy of the service manual. They never did. If anyone knows where the brake solenoid is or has an E-copy of the service manual that they can send it would be a big help. I know that there is a trouble shooting procedure for this in the manual. Also any other Mustang owners who might be able to offer some advice I would love to here from you. Thanks to everyone on this board who helps people like me with their problems.

Replies9
  1. #1Jaybuild2009-09-17 20:39

    Last Friday I visited the dealer again. They let me borrow a known good module to use to test. In the rain Saturday I swapped it in and no dice. My module was good. Monday I returned it and they really came through with a PDF copy of the service manual. I followed the procedure on troubleshooting the interlock system. Everything seemed to check out. I had power to the instrument panel but it would not turn over. Jumping the starter solenoid the engine would turn over fine. Well today I found it. After less then 3 minutes it was up and running fine. Even when you follow the proper procedure there are things that fall through the cracks. I guess a careful visual inspection is always the place to start.

  2. #2Jaybuild2009-09-23 21:44

    Anybody hazard a guess what it was?

  3. #3bill onthehill2009-09-23 22:14

    Wire not seated on switch terminal.

  4. #4Jaybuild2009-09-24 07:14

    Your close Bill, but I did get the proper voltage everywhere I was supposed to. From the battery to the key switch it all checked out per the service manual.

  5. #5DSD2010-01-26 10:39

    Hi sorry for the hijack ...But I got a 1997 2060 Mustang with out hi flow .We got it from a auction completely burnt .We are now 7 years later rebuilding it.I really could use some pictures of the hydraulic hose run from the right side filter to the cooler and to the control manifold above the left side filter.Also where does that 3/4 inch line from the t at bottom of hydraulic tank go.The book is very ambiguous so if you could pm some pictures that would help me a great deal..Doug

  6. #6jjkoe32010-04-01 20:51

    Jaybuild, any chance of getting some of that service manual action?

  7. #7bobcatmechanic2010-04-02 13:49

    kinked/ broken wire inside the insulation around the wire making enough connection to show voltage but not enough to carry amp through it to make everthing power up. Pushed back pin in a plug or corroded pin in a plug.

  8. #8jans19662015-07-06 11:10

    Jaybuild, I am new to this site and have never used forums before. I am having the same problem with my 2040 that you had with your 2060. When I turn on the ignition switch the parking brake switch does not light up therefore the machine wont turn over can you please tell me what the problem is. Thank You, Mark

  9. #9paulroyans2016-01-17 18:01

    2040 manual Hello Jaybuild. I have a similar problem with my skid steer. Any chance i could get a copy of your manual?