Hi All, I am seeking help for my 2006 2076 mustang. during recent operation the machine stopped completely , whilst the motor is still running sweetly I have no response from the hydra static drive or lift/tilt hydraulics. I have bypassed the seat and bar switches and tested for faulty relays and fuses, the pilot solenoid is functional also. I bought a new drive coupling in anticipation of having to replace it and after finally separating the pump assembly and bell housing from the engine I found the drive to be in good condition ( this is a steel unit with rubber bushings, and unlikely to fail) the coupling was also very secure on the flywheel. I was still able to turn the pump's main shaft and felt the meshing of the gear pump as it turned ( there was no free play in any direction). I have since put it back together to test again with the same results. I have also run the unit and loosened various hydraulic hoses to see if there is any pressure, with the result being zero pressure from the gear pump and at the main valve block. I am stumped at the moment and would appreciate any advice that may resolve the issue. I am currently thinking that the pump is stuffed but I don't know how to test it correctly unless I have missed something. I have also changed the hyd oil filter, thinking it was blocked. the machine has 4200hrs. any help is very much appreciated regards sloany
An update for anyone interested, I removed the pumps entirely from the machine and separated the three of them. turns out that the fine spline coupling had chewed up between the two hydro static pumps. so there was no drive to the gear/ charge pump at the front. we also stripped each pump for inspection by an ex dealer mechanic and found minimal wear for its age. each rotating group was in good condition as was the charge pump. so in went a new coupling, put it all back together and back in the machine . I had already drained the hydraulic fluid and re-filled with fresh oil. all fixed , . I have a new drive coupling available if anyone wants one in WA, cost me $400 aus. cheers sloany
Good to hear updates, too many post a problem and are never heard from again.
Thankyou for your response mountainlake, it is interesting that I got 150 odd views but no one could offer any advice. as it turns out the dealers head mechanic said that it is a very rare occurance for the centre coupling to let go on these pumps, which is why he first suggested the drive plate. I am about an hour or so from the dealer so I persist with doing the work my self which can be difficult at times when you don't know what you are doing. are you in minesota?what type of work are you doing and with which equipment? most of us smaller operators have to do a large variety of work to keep the money coming in. I am mainly doing sand pads and septic systems for new homes with a few odd jobs thrown in if I have time. I am running the mustang skidsteer, yanmar sv100 excavator, komatsu wb 97-r backhoe, ford Louisville and freightliner tippers. anyway thanks for your reply cheers sloany