Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang 2076 Turbo

Trigger68 ยท 2022-11-28 14:34

Good day all, I have a 2011 Mustang 2076 Turbo skid steer that I recently had to put a new door assembly on. I removed the switch panel on the L/H side to replace the door striker and when I assembled everything the hydraulics would not work. There is an ECM (my description, not sure what the factory calls it) mounted on the switch panel with greed LED's related to safety circuits and such. I noticed that the HYD. relay light was not lit. I spent considerable time checking every relay and fuse I could find. The problem went away, I assembled everything and it returned. This went on for hours. It would work, I would wiggle the harness, tug on wires and plugs, etc. no issue and bam! As soon as I assembled everything it would return. I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram or has had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Arny L2022-11-28 21:47

    Well if everything was working prior to door change, would it not be reasonable to assume the problem is under the switch panel. Were any ground wires removed, or possibly loosened in the process. Door saftey interlock not reconnected. Try and not go down a rabbit hole, retrace steps prior to repair.

  2. #2Trigger682022-11-29 06:45

    Thanks for the advice Arny, I triple checked for pinched/cut wires and found none. I did have to put a new connector on the door harness as someone had micky moused a different connector than the factory one. I ended up unplugging the terminal on the door switch and everything worked fine so I left it that way. I didn't ohm it out, probably had it on the wrong spade from the factory or something. I will spend some more time on it with a meter when I get a chance.