Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang 552

Boxhead ยท 2010-12-06 07:13

Hi guys, I am about to pick up a mustang 552 bobcat, I believe everything is functional although after about 20 mins it will slow down ( assume once oil gets hot). Can anyone shed any light on a possible solution to this problem? Trying to get an idea of what to look at once it arrives. I picked it up for a good price, so can put a bit of time into fault finding. Any ideas are appreciated. Cheers Corey.

Replies4
  1. #1Z28982010-12-06 11:42

    When you say it "Slows Down" do you mean the engine RPM? The hydraulic function cycle times? The ground speed? I am assuming the engine RPM. If so does the machine have an engine speed governor that is reliant on oil pressure? Possibly a seal or o-ring in the governor mechanism that leaks more when warm? Just a thought.

  2. #2Boxhead2010-12-07 04:51

    Mustang Thanks for the reply, I believe it is ground speed after a short conversation today. Apparently he had a mate look at it a while ago and the diagnosis was a seal in the vickers pump. Apparently the vickers is 2 pumps in one and there is a seal between the 2 that is no good. Can anybody confirm that this could be the issue? Also apparently the pump is not difficult to remove (can anybody confirm)? if this is the case I will pull it straight out and repair it. Any help appreciated. Cheers Corey

  3. #3maxamillion672010-12-07 07:51

    Here is a website for vickers pumps, Maybe you can get some technical advice from them. http://www.precisionfluidpower.com/c/Vickers/Vickers.html?gclid=CNzLkqqV2qUCFQTNKgodYzcnlw

  4. #4Boxhead2010-12-09 05:28

    Mustang Thanks, I will give them a try soon as I get it here and get the model of the pump. Cheers Corey