I already know to go to my nearest Mustang dealer, but I was wondering if there are any parts houses out there where I could save a buck on an engine part. I need a thermostat housing for the 4JB1 diesel engine. The housing is aluminum. Mine corroded from the inside and is weeping coolant. I guess I could try the Isuzu dealer. Any suggestions appreciated. J. Stewart
I may be able to help if you have the complete engine number!
i think there is isuzu engine dealer in sherveport go to isuzu web site and look under disturbtors it give there dealers for that area. I order my parts from blue ridge diesel in va there are my closes dealer
Thank you. I will get the engine number this coming saturday, when I go to the jobsite.
Well I drove out there today and had a look for the number. Even if I knew where the engine number was stamped, I might not have been able to access it, unless I use a mirror and some accessory lighting (which I didn't bring with me). Its really tight in there and there's grease, oil and dirt everywhere. Dumb question I know: Where is the engine number stamp or data plate on the Isuzu 4JB1 engine?
The isuzu engine in the 960 is the same engine in millions of isuzu troopers in europe and asia. I've had good luck using the UK EBAY site for spares. Goodluck! Of course any mustang or Isuzu dealer can get that part. Shoulnt be to expensive...
A lot of times you can use the injection pump number along with engine series to find build specs and parts for an Isuzu diesel. Most of the larger Isuzu's I've dealt with have the number stamped on the pump side of engine back towards bell housing.