Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang skid steer BLOWN MOTOR

Rdorman99 ยท 2015-05-17 12:10

I have a 1998 mustang 2050 skid steer I just got with a blown motor. There is a massive hole in the block and the piston fell out but still runs on 3 cyl lol. I having trouble finding a replacement motor . It has a yanmar 4 cyl 4tne88 diesel in it. If you guys can help me find a good one to swap or if there's other motors like a kubota that would bold up to the hydro pump I would appreciate the advice. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #13X82015-05-17 14:00

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daewoo-Skid...E78-4TNE82-4TNE84-4TNE86-4TNE88-/230993268609

  2. #2Tags2015-05-17 16:16

    Doesn't seem like you could go wrong for under 2 grand...

  3. #3Rdorman992015-05-18 11:56

    What is the difference between the 4tne88 which I have now compared to the 4tne86

  4. #4Rdorman992015-05-20 08:41

    Anyone know places in New England where I could find a 4tne motor

  5. #5earthmover19842015-05-30 11:09

    Yanmar engines have the bore diameter in millimeters in their engine series. Example: 4tn88 is a 4 cyl engine with 88 mm bore dia. Why repower with Kubota? Yanmars Use less fuel, Start better, and outlast Kubota's in my opinion.

  6. #6lantraxco2015-05-30 12:42

    Yanmar marine dealers are usually very helpful.....

  7. #7Rdorman992015-06-03 12:43

    Thanks guys