Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mustangs?

jordann ยท 2013-09-07 03:37

Hello does anyone know much about the new mustang skid steers? the latest ones ? can get a good deal on one when we purchase excavator but just wondering how they go, quite inside air cab? smooth? any pros and cons things to be aware of? i hear they run the yanmar engine so that side should be fine Also the Volvo one arm skid steers the latest ones ? what are they like ? thanks guys

Replies20
  1. #1HRPLandServices2013-09-07 11:37

    I've been pretty interested on gettin reviews on the one arm track Volvo as well.

  2. #2jordann2013-09-07 18:48

    yea same a mate just purchased a small one and on the demo he tried to break the bucket he put the left hand side under the track of a 20tonner and tried to bend it but didnt budge the bucket just lifted the machine straight of the ground, he alos said that the cab is awsomely sealed no dust at all, and very quite and huge cab so after he puts about 100 hrs on it im finding out how it is and ill let yous know

  3. #3jordann2013-09-07 18:50

    http://www.volvoce.com/dealers/en-a...CT125C_MCT135C/Pages/featuresandbenefits.aspx

  4. #4HRPLandServices2013-09-07 20:05

    Awesome, when we trade ours off I need to find the best sealed cab out there, I get very bad allergy induced asthma. Depending what I'm doing in ours it gets dusty, I have to reseal the door on it.

  5. #5clintm2013-09-07 22:01

    the Volvos are built by JCB

  6. #6jordann2013-09-07 22:21

    yea well as far as i know caterpillar and Terex have the best sealed cabs but also quite pricey$$

  7. #7245dlc2013-09-07 23:18

    Haven't heard anything bad about the Mustangs, interested in the one armed bandits though. The new Volvo machines are actually JCB and the Mustangs are actually Gehl....or the Gehl's are actually Mustangs and some of the tracked models are Takeuchi.

  8. #8jordann2013-09-08 04:26

    yea ok, and well yea we are looking at the Mustang 2700V tough looking machine!!!!

  9. #9cartzblown94z2013-09-08 22:23

    The newest mustangs are their own design. Tak isn't building them for them anymore for track models

  10. #10logsrus2013-09-08 23:10

    I just spent 2 days digging hard clay in the heat,and I've got to say that the Volvo/JCB is the most impressive skidsteer, by far, than any skidsteer I've ever run. There's nothing more that can be said. Two arm skidsteers are obsolete..

  11. #11HRPLandServices2013-09-08 23:23

    What about maintenance and servicing things in the engine compartment? I've heard its not the greatest as far as that goes. Take a while adjusting to not sitting in the center of the machine? How was the visibility on the boom side?

  12. #12jordann2013-09-09 02:07

    yea ^ sounds great tho!!! we also looking at the volvos

  13. #13logsrus2013-09-09 22:15

    The cab tilts forward and gives you totally unobstructed access to the hydraulics. Remember there's only one arm so you dont have to crawl over or around anything. From the rear its about the same as any other machine I've seen that has good access. You still sit so close to the middle of the machine you can't tell the difference. Visibility is better than any machine all the way around.

  14. #14HRPLandServices2013-09-10 18:39

    Well that is very neat, and interesting. Does jcb and Volvo use the same engine? You know other than name if one or the other has anything dif about them to make them stand out from the other?

  15. #15glenlunberg2013-09-10 21:42

    Based on my research, Volvo skidsteers are actually made by JCB, including the engines.

  16. #16logsrus2013-09-10 22:20

    Only the paint and decals are different

  17. #17apetad2015-01-13 11:01

    The Mustangs are made in America.

  18. #18Mustang 20742015-07-07 18:44

    I have a 2005 mustang 2074 the steering has locked up can anyone tell me a fix?

  19. #19apetad2015-10-24 22:15

    Best cab I've ever been in, They are pressurized!

  20. #20apetad2015-10-24 22:18

    We will try to help 512-260-3333