I've been wanting to build a brush rake for my ex120 for a couple years now, and finally got off my butt. First of all, I'm not a professional fabricator/welder. I'm just a some farmer with more time than common sense. But anyways, I designed the tines myself, and had a local shop cut them out of a 2" plate of AR500. Would have been cheaper to just buy a brush rake at this point already lol. Here it is after its was tacked together. The round stock and pins that hook onto the quick coupler was odds and ends I had laying around. The top most shaft was 4 1/2" x 5/16". Then next shaft down is solid 4". The closest shaft to the digging end of the rake, is 3"x 1/4. I hope the 3" material is strong enough, and doesn't bend. I probably should have just went out and bought something a little thicker. I guess we'll see.
Welding, and more welding. Flip it over and repeat. Still need to finish up welding, and cap off the end of the 3" tubing. Couple more hours of welding and she should be done! I think I over built a bit..lol
Looks good there pp13bnos! Looks like you know what you are doing.....very professional looking job! We made up a homemade root rake for our D6 dozer a few years ago & I used 2" plate for the tines too, only our design utilized short tines. I just used mild steel which was a lot cheaper & was prepared to the tip the ends, but so far there is not much wear so have not done it. See link below. HeavyEquipmentForums
Didn't you say your tines are 2" thick??? Unless you're banging it sideways into stuff, I would say I could probably put that on my 210 and not hurt anything.
Metalman, your rake looks really nice. Shimmy, when I built a rake for my d3 years ago, I skimped on some metal and ended up bending the snot out of it. I ended up just building a new one a couple years ago, thats a bit stronger. I'll post some pictures one of these days. But anyways, I hope your right, and it'll hold up.
Looks good, very good.
Looks great. You could drive a stick of 2.5" solid round bar in the small pipe and weld the ends to create a faux solid bar. Best to make the decision now before it gets tweaked and you can't push the barstock in with a D11.