Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My 580 SuperE has a air leak at the stem?

ottawamerc ยท 2008-08-12 21:54

Hi All I'm very new to this "heavy equipment thing" I just bought a 82 580 super e to work around my house. Well so far I have some issues, new one today is my rear tire has a lot of air coming out around the valve stem @ the rim? are these tires tubless or tubed? Thanks in advance. I think this forum will be visited alot by me for abit.:notworthy

Replies3
  1. #1ottawamerc2008-08-13 14:16

    Ok so I found out it has a tube! now do you guys think I might be able to remove the tube at home? maybe break the bead with the front loader? Oh yeah what is the proper tire pressure?

  2. #2Phil2008-08-16 17:58

    I've changed them using the loader bucket to break the bead. I think I used a couple of 4x4's on either side, close to the rim. I remember having to put the hoe down and push to get more weight up front. Run just enough air to keep the tire from bulging out, I think around 25, just a common sense thing. I had an E with radials on it once, that's a little different. Phil

  3. #3ottawamerc2008-08-16 19:52

    Thanks for the info Phil, I have them set to 20 psi now. Scott