Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My 773 BOBCAT’s red warning light is on?

apehf ยท 2016-09-01 21:26

Hi all My 773 BOBCAT's red warning light is on? What does it mean??? Thank you!! Apehf

Replies7
  1. #1crewchief8882016-09-03 15:46

    thats the hydraulic light. could be cold oil, plugged filter, or low charge pressure does it go out at all? :drinkup

  2. #2apehf2016-09-04 20:41

    A couple of days ago I was using the Bobcat with a grapple to empty the barn when the light came on and stayed on, I stopped almost immediately ( 5-10 minutes to get out of the barn and to park it some where reasonable) The day after I started the thing to take the picture obviously the light was on, and then this morning went to move it and the light was off and didn't come on the whole 1/2 hr that I used it... Go figure!!

  3. #3apehf2016-09-19 15:44

    Well for the last little while it has been good it comes on but doesn't stay on, today I worked with the grapple using auxiliary outlets for the first time since the related incident and the light came on almost immediately, changed the filter last week... So " low charge pressure" caused by???

  4. #4crewchief8882016-09-19 18:26

    have you checked the drive belt/tensioner? might be something as simple as a bad switch/wiring... the hyd filter head has 2 or 3 switches/sensors on it. if one of them has a molded plastic connector, unplug it and see if it has oil in it. if it does, replace the sender, if it's leaking, they usually will set off the light :drinkup

  5. #5apehf2016-09-20 08:49

    Crewchief your a Godsend!! Thanks

  6. #6apehf2016-09-23 12:33

    So I found this sensor on the top of oil filter full of oil, is that what you are referring to crewchief? I know the photo loaded sideways the sensor should be on the right...

  7. #7crewchief8882016-09-23 17:50

    yep thats it. i'd bet that if you change it, and clean the oil out of the harness connector, the warning light will go out