Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My” Bob-kitty” Died!!

pigdog ยท 2011-08-22 14:41

Hey Guys, I'm back with another problem! I have a old 642B Bobcat thats blowing oil out. I was working her pretty hard the other day when it strarted knocking. I checked he engine oil ,it was gone(none on the stick). It blew it up the plenum into the shroud around the cooler and radiator and running down the side of the engine bay...the engine itself is dry!!! My Question is, What could it be??? Rear seal maybe??? Ps. Filled it with oil to load it on the trailer and it cranked perfect! I got it loaded...Ran fine till the oil was gone,started knocking again and I shut it down!! Has anybody got a good idea? Please help somebody!

Replies5
  1. #12stickbill2011-08-22 17:48

    If it is knocking might as well pull it.Sounds like the bearings are gone from lack of oil.You might have broke rings,busted piston Hope the crank is ok.Might be something else causeing it to blow oil out that I have not thought about.How was the oil pressure while loading it?Did you see any white smoke out of blow by tube?

  2. #2pigdog2011-08-22 23:55

    Na-ah! No smoke! Thats my point! As long as its got oil it.... it doesn't even knock runs fine! But it blows it(the oil) right out quick fast and in a hurry!! The problem came on kind all of a sudden. The pressure gauge doesn't work,never has since I've had it. Just trying to get an idea of what it's going to take to fix it. I dread it.

  3. #3DirtIsMyName2011-08-23 09:55

    Crankcase ventilation plugged?

  4. #4pigdog2011-08-24 16:56

    It's a "Badly blown" rear seal. Thanks anyway! Dang!....what a pain!!!

  5. #5willie592011-08-24 21:23

    I've never worked on a 642B, but I've never seen a rear seal leak the amount of oil in the short time you describe, nor have I seen a leaking rear seal blow oil all over the place, it typically just runs down the rear of the engine block. Are you sure rear seal is the problem?