Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My landfill job.

Taylortractornu ยท 2003-11-18 23:59

Here a picture of me stuck at the landfill dad and I ran. Its a wood waste landfill for a trailer plant which is closed now. We just got it finished in August. We wer bhaving to put a 2 foot sand then six inch topsoil cover and water diversions on the sites we used. here I am building up the lift face. The machine is a 762 JD

Replies4
  1. #1Taylortractornu2003-11-19 00:06

    It was a shrp 2 to 3 foot dropp off and the bowl would hang not to mention no breaks so we had to drag the bowl and then dump enough dirt to hold the machine bakc and be able to spread. Im stuck in this picture damnit man. the sugar sand we have here has no dry traction but it was a good cover i nthe wet season and also on the roads.

  2. #2Taylortractornu2003-11-19 00:18

    In the above picter I was trying to put my bowl down to be able to pick my cab up and swing it over to good sand but it was too eahvey on the front. Dad is on the D5B taking the pictures and about to give me the little shove. This picture shows the drop off and the slope. In the above it also shows it 12 inch rise on the berm and the drop off on this side. This was anotehr picture of me stuck I raised the cab and was about to swing over and get another bite.

  3. #3digger242j2003-11-19 07:03

    The only thing better than getting stuck is having a beloved family member there to preserve the whole ordeal on film so that *everybody* can see it. Great pictures!

  4. #4Taylortractornu2003-11-19 17:07

    Dad has been an operator for 49 years, He told me scrapers came along way. he rembebers pulling a Pan with a TD18 made in the 40's for a local company when he was 19. Then started running 3 axle Cat scrapers and a few 260 AC's then S7 Euclids that tipped over in turns. Dad had to have heart surgery so I took over the land fill for a while while he was out. THe first day he came back I got the D5 stuck in a spring and he showed me how to pole it out. I had taken it over a year before when he had another surgery, I had a broken leg from a car accident and the Dr. wouldnt release me for work where I was employed at. I took the landfill that time. Dad kept it like a park no debris blowing around flowers and grass planted. I hadnt spent a great amount of time on a dozer before then just a little knock down work. I learned to push sand lol. Its hard to get enough to feel it sometimes. Dad also taught me alot in the year after about slope work and such.