Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My latest rig..

WScott ยท 2007-09-20 11:58

Here is my rig. 2001 7.3 PSF- loaded 1998 Super L Series 2 Case- loaded

Replies11
  1. #1fireman0502007-09-20 15:50

    that's a nice rig but i would like to see more pics of the backhoe

  2. #2NateV2007-09-20 17:41

    Nice lookin setup, but how does the truck handle the weight?

  3. #3WScott2007-09-20 18:08

    No problems, except for the BIG hills..they slow her down just a smigg. I have 5" exhaust, custom intercooler,guages, and a tuner chip installed. The ole girls got plenty of get up and go. As far as stopping power, the trailer I had custom built to my specs. one of which is two 12K oil bath axles with oversized hydralic disk brakes. They will put you thru the windsheild if you hit them too hard.

  4. #4nedly052007-09-20 18:18

    Is it legal? I would think you'd be over Fords towing limit! Very nice set-up!!

  5. #5WScott2007-09-20 18:33

    Whya got to go an ask a question like that for?

  6. #6LowBoy2007-09-20 20:29

    Yeah, ain't that awful?!!!

  7. #7John Banks2007-09-20 21:01

    Got a Class A CDL?

  8. #8WScott2007-09-20 23:24

    dont need it. my truck my trailer my backhoe straight from the lips of state police and dot.

  9. #9nedly052007-09-21 05:52

    Dont try that in NY, they don't care who owns it you'd need a class A for that set-up.

  10. #10CascadeScaper2007-09-21 12:41

    I just read some DOT rules for Arkansas, you're completely illegal according to them. Hope you don't get caught. I wouldn't EVER listen to an officer, 95% of them don't know the laws themselves. I like your setup, though, and those trucks will tow the weight, I've done it. The only way we get away with it around here is because we're farming, you're allowed up to 40,000 GVWR without a CDL if you're farming. We've had 24K behind our '99 7.3 F350, it pulls it like a champ. An Arkansas CDL is required if you operate any of the following CMV's . . . 1. A vehicle with a manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 lbs. 2. A vehicle towing a unit with a manufacturer's GVWR of more than 10,000 lbs. when the GCWR exceeds 26,000 lbs. 3. A vehicle used to . . .(a.) carry 15 or more passengers (excluding the driver), or (b.) carry (15) or less people (including the driver) when carrying children to or from school and home regularly for compensation. 4. A vehicle carrying hazardous materials in amounts requiring placarding.

  11. #11Ford LT-90002007-09-21 15:49

    That would be a eye catcher for the RCMP or the inspectors. The DOT had a inpection day had quite a few trucks pulled over doesn't matter if its a personal vehical or not.