This is my excavator, I got it in August. I don't know if the photo will show up, I tried to attach it. I will post this thread to see if I am doing it right. I looked at the preview it's not there I guess I need help.
Check out the second red link in my signature. If you need some more help, just send me a PM.
Thanks Countryboy. My photos were too big so I downloaded the resizing software. Here is my Kubota KX 61-2 with the upper track guides or pads removed. I was going to ask about fixing them because replacement is very costly. I went ahead with replace metal piece that is welded on to the bolt on part. I bought four pieces of 3/4 x 4" stock and had them welded on. Here is a photo of the worn ones. I should taken a picture of the new ones. Here is a shot of the sprocket Here is the blade showing the Reese hitch, I was glad that someone had thought of this. From this site I saw the idea of having a trailer hitch on the blade and thought this would be very useful. This is good variation because it comes off when you don't need it. I'll get some photos of the new pads and the forks that came with the machine.
No problem. Nice looking machine you got there. :drinkup
Nice machine, how many ton? I can never figure out a Kubotas weight by the machine model #? It looks about like our 27JD so I'm thinking around 3 ton:beatsme They are worth there weight in gold them minis:thumbsup
I looked at one of those machines, used version, was 5700#.
Notice the manly tracks
I had to have the manly tracks(steel) I don't think rubber would of held up with all the rock on our property. I do have one rubber track that came with the machine maybe if the steel wear out I might switch. I think the 61 in kx 61-2 refers to 6100 lbs. that would be about 3 tons. Thanks for the response.
When my machine came it had rubber tracks until I received the steel. It took quite awhile to get them as most people prefer the rubber. I now have a set of new replacement rubber tracks that will never go on my machine. IMO with steel you don't have to worry about hidden treasures, stumps, rocks and many other things that could ruin your day. Another thing is you have a lot more pushing power with your blade. The steel doesn't slip nearly as easily and if they do it won't cut the tracks . As far as the model numbers go I don't think it is weight. My KX91-3 weights about 7500lbs with the steel tracks. As far as wearing out the steel tracks... I would like to see it. You might wear the sprockets, guides and rollers, but the tracks, I'd be surprised. Just get yourself 4 pieces of some old conveyor belting about a foot wide and 10' long and you can go anywhere. I
Good Choice I personally like the Kubotas , being a mechanic I have worked on quite a few of them and find they are well built , they seem to go the extra steps to make them heavy duty , if I were going to buy a mini excavator Kubota would be right at the top --------last week I did the first service on a new kx161-6 zero swing Kubota and really liked it's smoothness of operation , their motor are proven winners
Hey nobull1! Log on to eBay, setup a sellers account and turn those Rubber Tracks to cash! There's a bunch of guys always looking for replacement tracks for the Kubota machines! Go get the Cash!
Any chance you can post some pictures of the back of your blade that shows the hitch? I was thinking of doing this last year to tow around trailers and when I came upon this I thought it was great! I wanted to see how the receiver was made is it "beefed" up at all on the back? Great site too!
There is not much behind the blade. The steel box that receives the hitch is welded the blade. It seems pretty strong.
nice pics, i like the hitch
I think the kubota models and weights are as follows: K008-3 = 900KG KX41-3 = 1.6 ton KX61-3 = 2.6 ton KX71-3 = 3 ton KX91-3 = 4 ton KX121-3 = 4.5 tons KX161-3 = 5 tons Kx080 = 8 tons
Are you still around, Fishfiles ? I have started a thread on general about my slow leak on my injector pump, you might be able to help. Thanks
I like the hitch.I think i`ll put one on.Then i can haul around my 1500lbs lawn tractor trailer.:drinkup:drinkup
Your welcome. Not sure if it was mine you saw, but it works great to move stuff around. Nice looking machine. Rented one for a year or so, I liked a lot of things on the Kubota.
You've got my trailer, Big Daddy. That's the one I want but I might have to make due with a flat bed for now. I saw small trailer made for a ATV that would be great for towing with the excavator, $2500 abit pricey!
I love my new trailer.How do you post pics on here?Trailer just came in last week from Indiana.
Ooop`s ,you were talking about my lawn tractor trailer.I use it now behind my atv.Bought it at Sears.1500lbs payload,better than using a wheelbarrow,lol!!
That hitch would be great for a sled. Pile rocks or whatever on the sled and take it with you. Useful if you don´t have a skid steer.
Tow your kitchen and toilet to work - never be caught short again!!!
No you were right, Big Daddy. I was talking about your dumping trailer. To post photos, go to attachments and browse your picture files and select the ones you want to post, no need to resize anymore. Also search this site for better instructions. On Sleds: I don't know if I would tow too much with a small excavator, see thread on final drives $$$$.
These are my new toys.Hope they will be making soon.I new at this.Any advice or help would be great,thank`s
looks cold my advice advice would be stayin by the fire till the white stuff goes away. then when its nice out it hole diggin time
Big daddy: I have that same trailer myself .A word of caution , DO NOT Operate with a low pump battery , it will dump Hyd. fluid out all over the box.Other than that great trailer very strong .I see yours has rear stabilizers , any chance of getting another pic closer up to them?? .
Make sure you got insurance. Have hand tools on hand, shovel, crowbar, pick axe, old axe for cutting roots, saw for cutting branches, tools to maintain the equipment, etc, basically have everything you may need on a job at hand to save having to travel to and fro or having to go and buy it to get a job done. Do you carry fuel for the machine? What sort of attachments/spare buckets do you have for the ex? This depends on the sort of work you are going to be doing but if you are doing hard digging you may need to look at getting a ripper or narrow bucket with tiger teeth. A final trim bucket is handy to tidy up/level off/load light material but they all cost a pretty penny. The there is the thumb attachment, hammer/compactor, auger unit and probably others I have missed but it is a matter of getting out there and seeing what sort of jobs are required and the sort of attachments you need to do them. No point shelling out $$$$'s for a hammer to have it sit idle for 364 days of the year. Once you got all these sexy attachments you'll want a quick hitch, preferably automatic to save getting out the cab Also be careful where you dig, as there can be anything under the ground. Best of luck
looks good smarty. haven't had a chance of running a kubota excavator yet but liked their utility tractors/hoes. Funny how they always look bigger in the photos
I have the same trailer too and would like to see those rear stabilizers. The ramps are rated for 5000lbs loading, doesn't your machine weigh more than that? Have you reenforced them?