Hey everyone I'm still pretty new to the site and love looking at pictures that everyone post of there jobs and thought I would share some of the work I have done. I built this retaining wall with our 334 bobcat excavator. Let me know what you think.
Here is another smaller job I did.
Looks real nice. You have access to some nice flat rocks. Around here they're hard to find. Makes a big difference.:thumbsup
Nice Job, Nice Rox:thumbsup
Are those rocks functional as a retainer wall or just decorative? Nice work. :drinkup
Yes it helps a lot to have flat rocks to work with. We normaly get them from farmers that pick them from there fields so we have to sort through piles and pick the ones we want. Yes they are functional retaining wall.
Nice work, looks great. How long does a project like that take?
Very nice job. I have built a quite a few retaining walls with rocks, but never can find enough of them to match up like those do. Nice job again :drinkup
Those walls are a work of art. Very impressive. Your walls are a work of art. Very impressive.
Very nice job on the wall in the first pic. It fits the house just perfect. I helped built one side of a rock water fall that looked just like your first picture, only about 8 feet taller. Its takes a fine touch to make everything fit right. Good job!
Nice pics! I like doing retaining walls, done quite a few actually. Seems like every wall I do, I never get the right rock that I need. Makes it a bit of hassle, but I always find a way to get it to work out. I was on a job with a buddy of mine stacking rock on the other side of the state and the rock we had on that job was perfect. Having the right stone really makes the difference, that's for sure.
Great pics! Nice job!:notworthy
Thanks guys. I don’t really remember how long the job took I did it last year I'm going to guess around 5 day?? give or take a day. That’s to load the stones. Stones were about 20 min away from job site. place them backfill behind and clean up.
Hi Canadian Digger I am another Canadian digger. There is some nice flat sandstone rocks on our five acres. I just need some skill like yours to use them. Great site, I will be posting pictures of my machine with some questions soon. Thanks
Welcome to HEF Smarty! :drinkup
nice pics
What did you use to back fill that wall? Looks good
I used 0-5/8 behind the wall and 6 inches of top soil at the top.
Hey Digger, where are you located? From the looks of the rock, I'd say eastern, or northern Ontario.
Near Cornwall witch would be eastern Ontario about 15 min from the Quebec boarder on the 401.
Nice job
Beautiful work!!!
nice work