Ok guys .. here is the pic of the 80 to 100 lb. cylinder I was wanting to know what it goes to . I acquired this from a guy down on his luck and needing a few beans . It had just been reconditioned at a very hefty price . Any guesses of what it is to or what kind of cylinder it is ? It can't use it on any of my equipment and thinking of selling it but need to know what it is first , lol .
find a part number, that will be the info you will need to know the application. Dimenstion wise it looks like a blade tilt cylinder off a 4 way dozer blade...
Thanks Stumpjumper ... if my memory serves me right , it is about 32" or so long .. with the middle measuring 14" around with 2" bores . It has some numbers on it , but don't believe they are the right ones . The label appears to be missing hence why I'm asking . The guy showed me where he paid around $700 to have it reconditioned ... I bought it off of him at Christmas and now I heard he wants to buy it back for the same $$ I paid him . Heck , I'm not a pawn shop without interest .
without knowing what it fits your better off breaking even than settin on something that you cant identify. the number might be something like re567890 or 123456r91 It will not say this fits a cat d8k...
Cylinders in a car engine are pretty much like rowers in a boat. One powerful rower moves you as fast as lots of weak ones, but one rower makes for a jerky ride. If a bunch of weak rowers time their motions correctly, you could get a really smooth ride. Cylinders are made to be out-of-sync for smoother operation. The more cylinders you have, the smoother the engine runs. Compare a 1-cylinder minibike with a 4-cylinder motorcycle (both air-cooled), or a 4-cylinder to an eight... big difference in smoothness.
you have a buyer, i would sell it and cut my losses.
Cylinders are made to be out-of-sync for smoother operation. The more cylinders you have, the smoother the engine runs. Compare a 1-cylinder minibike with a 4-cylinder motorcycle (both air-cooled), or a 4-cylinder to an eight... big difference in smoothness.[/QUOTE] Don't you find inline 6s to be smother than a v8. Althou that Alleson v-12 twelve seemed smoth as well ?
Does they guy you bought it off of not know what it is to? If he is asking for it back, I'd sell it back to him. What could you lose? If you are worried about missing out on a good sale, why not just ask him what it belongs to? I mean if you helped him out he may help you out.
I would like to suggest you find its all part and its number or get that number information in the gas office. once you will fine gas number then you will get automatically cylinder information.
:drinkup:drinkup
It's off an airplane!.......it ain't on one is it? Haha I'm going to guess a steering cylinder for a wheel loader or atd, should be a number stamped in the gland nut google it see whatmu got, how much do u have in it ? I might buy it I am always fabricating stuff Pj
Did you ever hear back about this part? My curiosity is burning.
I don't believe AMMazens story. I think he's made a lot of it up. I'll wager he's picked up the cylinder in a Govt Liquidation auction pallet lot buy, and he's hoping he can get an ID on it, so he can put it up on eBay to get big $$'s for it. If he picked it up from a guy "who was down on his luck", then the guy who sold it to him, would more than likely know where it came from, and what it fitted. It probably fits a hyd blade on some obscure piece of military equipment.
Yair . . . OzDozer LOL. You must be a cynical OB like me. Something doesn't click with this one. Cheers
Scrub Puller - The original poster joined the forum in April 2012, only made 7 posts over a couple of days, and has never been seen since. He claimed, "I have draglines, dozers and backhoe". If he really did own these items, you'd expect he'd be back in the forum a few times in the intervening 8 months? - and showing us pics, asking more questions, handing out advice, or telling us about his work - wouldn't you? I reckon his "draglines, dozers and backhoe" are toys on his bedroom shelf, and I'm calling BS on this one. Yeah, you're right - I'm a suspicious, cynical OB - and I reckon those pics AMMazen put up come straight off the auction site where he purchased the cylinder.