Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

my nasty hoe

monster76 ยท 2013-12-20 15:01

I just got my 310sj a couple months ago I and I decided to peel the mat and give it a scrub down I used to do it to my g every once in a while. I'm glad I did it to this one now

Replies18
  1. #1monster762013-12-20 15:04

    Last pic of it mostly clean

  2. #2Digginit580c2013-12-22 23:14

    Looks like you straightened her out. She looks much better now

  3. #3Ron Burgundy2013-12-23 00:24

    Looks more like a classy hoe to me. LOL In the immortal words of Ron Burgundy, "keep it classy out there". I use a leaf blower to clean my cabs out. Works great - but not on mud, of course.

  4. #4monster762013-12-23 19:48

    it must be mental but when the machine is clean i feel less fatigued and work way more comfortably i cant explain but it just feels that way

  5. #5Digginit580c2013-12-23 20:05

    Totally agree. It's like a feng shui thing. Positive surroundings/ positive energy....

  6. #6monster762013-12-23 21:04

    at least im not crazy

  7. #7Bill Smith2013-12-24 07:29

    Its like washing the car , it drives better

  8. #8ValleyFirewood2013-12-24 07:32

    Nah, just makes me more upset cause all the dings and scratches show up! Better off leaving it be!

  9. #9CM19952013-12-24 09:26

    Yep.:yup

  10. #10maddog2013-12-25 08:26

    Nothing worse then a nasty hoe, never know what critters or disease might be running around in that mess Along the same lines, went to pull the battery out of my bike the other day for winter storage, and I'll be danged if the shock{main rear end support) bolt only had about 3 to 4 turns left before it popped out. Could have been an interesting ride. I like to keep the machines clean for piece of mind and if something is broke, lose, missing hopefully I'll notice.

  11. #11monster762013-12-26 15:14

    not only that but its way easier to work on something that is clean vs something all gunked up

  12. #12kshansen2013-12-26 18:14

    I just wish I could convince guys at work to close the rear window on the 710D Hoe when parking it overnight! Not to mention the guys who like to run around with side windows open in the mud!:Banghead

  13. #13catfixer2013-12-26 19:35

    I am amazed and constantly wonder how so much crap gets under the floor mats. I wish all owners and operators kept their equipment as clean as you do. would make my job much easier.

  14. #14monster762013-12-27 13:04

    thanks catfixer. khansen i have an open cab on my backhoe and skid steer i try not to spin tire or get alot of speed in the mud. i don't slinging crud every where when i can avoid it

  15. #15Xvator2013-12-27 13:39

    She looks pretty good now. Hey when its raining and we work in the mud getting on an off the machine, bound to get some dirt in there. I like keeping it cleaned up too

  16. #16AT&SW2013-12-28 07:14

    I resorted to keeping a small whiskbroom in each cab makes it real easy to sweep out any nasty at the end of the day.

  17. #17kshansen2013-12-28 10:20

    I also try to keep whisk brooms in most equipment, however had not been able find a good operating manual on them so they are seldom used properly.:Banghead

  18. #18catfixer2013-12-29 21:46

    xvator, i was talking more about the stuff that gets under the mats, I pull floor mats all the time to find a good half inch of dirt under there. I guess it's just a little bit around the edges gets in there and gets pushed to the middle by more dirt little by little.