Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new 650H

Woodstock ยท 2008-02-25 23:16

Well I did it. Here is my new 2004 John Deere 650H. Hopefully I can go pick it up in the next day or so. I need to clean it up and put undercarriage on it. I thank I will try to run it like this for a few weeks or so. I paid for it today and bought cutting edges for it.

Replies16
  1. #1Burnout2008-02-25 23:40

    Now thats a nize dozer. I ran a 650H for a couple days and the old man has a 450H... great dozers. I like the tinted windows as well, always wanted to try em out.

  2. #2CascadeScaper2008-02-26 00:51

    Nice piece, I ran a 650H a little and I liked it. Between the Cats and Deeres, you can't go wrong with either.

  3. #3RollOver Pete2008-02-26 01:36

    Nice!

  4. #4rino14942008-02-26 06:45

    Nice tractor. Did you get rid of your Cat ?

  5. #5Woodstock2008-02-26 07:52

    Thanks, I still have my D4G xl. Both are good machines. I found this one and I always wanted one with a cab because of the bees, and the dust. It thank it was priced right, even though it needs undercarriage. My cat has 2650 hrs, and the deere has 2300 hrs.

  6. #6N.CarolinaDozer2008-02-26 09:36

    Nice machine, and a good buy!:drinkup

  7. #7guest2008-02-26 10:42

    Nice ride! I agree with you about the bees & dust when you get older you want to be comfortable. When I went from open tractor to a\c cab made days shorter and not nearly as tired at the end of the day.

  8. #8Construct'O2008-02-26 12:59

    The none cab days are over for me and has been for quite sometime.Just remember cabs are only as good as the air conditon especially where you live. That would be the first thing i checked out on the machine because of your location. I learned how to do my own airconditioning work and have gotten pretty good at it over the years,so you might want to take a few courses on it or hook up with some good air condition tech as friends. Machine is set up nice for brush work,but we all know what working in or with trees,brush is like.Here the bees are honey bees and some of the hornets that live under the ground,so what have you to deal with? More mud then dust normally!!! Where and what tracks did you finally go with? I would like you to do a comparision on the two dozer after you have more time to run each and report back sometime.Good luck:usa

  9. #9rino14942008-02-26 16:37

    Compare apples to apples.....let us know how they both fair out against each other. :drinkup

  10. #10Deereman2008-02-26 18:49

    Nice!:cool2 I have always liked the full screens. What dealer is that again? Hope it gives you good service What other machines do you have? Thanks Justin

  11. #11DirtWorker2008-02-26 19:54

    Nice dozer! 5 shank ripper

  12. #12Woodstock2008-02-26 22:11

    I bought it from RDO. I haven't went to go pick it up yet. I was waiting on them to see what extended warranty would cost. They told me they would have to pull oil samples. They wanted $2,600 for a year power train and hyd. sounds high for me. I might take my chances. This machine was bought new and been on a ranch, they traded it in and bought a new one for tax reasons. It was in the sand and granite which ate up the undercarriage. The blade is tight, hardly any play. What would you do on the extended warranty? I own a cat D4G, JD 328 skid steer and know a 650H. I also own a lot of farm equipment, 2355 W/146 ldr, 2555 w/245 sl loader, 2955 C&A, 2955 C&A w/720 ldr, 7610 C&A, 3-617 new holland disc mowers, 489 NH cutter, 1219 JD cutter, 570 NH square baler, JD 336 SQ baler, JD 348 SQ baler, 2 JD-468 round baler, 3 wheel rakes, NH side delivery rake, and quite of few plows etc. This machine started off at 84,000 and went to 77,000 with new undercarriage, I replace the undercarriage went from 63,000 to 61,000 with one salesman, went to a different salesman 55,000. $6,000 difference between two salesmen?

  13. #13rino14942008-02-26 22:48

    Personally, I would avoid extended warranties.

  14. #14Deereman2008-02-29 16:35

    It depends on the oil samples. If they turn out good which it doesn't sound like its had to hard of a life, just let her go. If the machine still has warranty on it, its cheeper to buy it now. If I was going to run her day in and day out I would consider it. But if it may run one week and then not for a month or two, Nah. The goo part about the warranty is if the engine blows or pumps fail, it would be worth it. I know every manufactor has problems but theses dozers are pretty hard to beat. No worries.

  15. #15Woodstock2008-02-29 21:22

    I went and picked it up this morning. It runs great, and the AC blows cold, and I got the radio working. The only thing I noticed was the turbo was leaking a little bit of oil at the bottom of it. Not for sure where it is coming from. I need to clean it off and see. It has more power than the Cat D4G, and also burns about twice as much fuel. I burned 3/4 of a tank pushing dirt in a tank, I can run a little over two days on a tank of fuel in the Cat. I can't wait to get new undercarriage on it and most of all new pads, It spins real easy. The grousers on the pads are less than a 1/2" long, but dang the AC in nice.

  16. #16Construct'O2008-02-29 22:09

    Just remember what i said about keeping the air conditioning working good.They are are great when it is working ,but when they quite you will wish you had more windows. I have a CTL Deere 332 and the air works great in it also.Good luck.