Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

my new D7E *pics*

sledgehammer ยท 2011-10-27 23:40

picked this up a few days ago. what a handy little unit!

Replies25
  1. #1DPete2011-10-28 08:28

    Nice looking tractor and simple compared to the new dozers.

  2. #2sledgehammer2011-10-28 08:41

    simple is right. earplugs manditory! i actually don't mind the direct drive at all compared to my powershift 46a d8.

  3. #3OldandWorn2011-10-28 09:16

    Now that's a nice looking tractor!

  4. #4AmericanLandMgt2011-10-28 10:30

    That's a good looking machine. I love seeing older equipment in such good shape.

  5. #5DoosanFan2011-10-28 16:14

    I'm not usually a fan of Cat equipment, but their old Dozers always seem to do it for me lol, and she's neat as a pin too, you might not get much work done with all the fun you'll be having

  6. #6Bigironjim2011-10-28 17:04

    Thats a sharp lookin D7E.

  7. #72stickbill2011-10-28 18:15

    I thought the new D7E electric drive would look different than that.No cab with air?

  8. #8Greg2011-10-28 20:57

    No cab, no air? Hell this one is a REAL D7E. Not one of the new wanna be E series. Got one here that works on a routine and regular basis doing blade work as well as pulling a Cat No. 70 Pan. Had it since 1989. Great strong ol girl. Lover her to death. She still laughs all the way to the bank for me.

  9. #9tripper_1742011-10-28 22:24

    Great tractor! After learning the basics on a D7 17A with a 70 scraper I moved on to a D7E with a dozer, sweeps, etc. and a 7E with a 435. I think it was the 8H that really did my hearing in tho! The new tractors are much nicer to operate but sure don't have the character!

  10. #10Greg2011-10-29 09:34

    Can't say that the new ones impress me much. Got the &E mentioned above, 7G, 8K's. Take them over the new ones around here any day. Make just as much money with them as I would with 7H's, and 8N's and R's. Oh, can work on them too because no computer to screw with.

  11. #11sledgehammer2011-10-30 18:14

    she's built to work! been going steady with it for a week now. not one hiccup yet. these old slow running motors are great

  12. #12caterpillarmech2011-11-07 09:07

    I love the old iron. They were much prettier back then. I have a customer in town that has a D8H fully restored and still uses it daily. Sahrp and low reving tractor.

  13. #13sledgehammer2011-11-13 08:06

    still loving the 7e.

  14. #14Seabass2011-11-14 09:03

    Very nice.

  15. #15brant2011-11-14 15:58

    I cant post if I'm a new user?

  16. #16sledgehammer2011-11-14 21:04

    yes you can, but you need X amount of posts until you can start a thread. so if you want to engage in some mindless banter you can use my thread.

  17. #17Auctioneerhere2011-11-14 22:47

    Hey...Nice machine! I bet it is a blast to run.

  18. #18Hjolli2011-11-15 17:26

    Yes I have fond memories from the old D7Es. Great machines. This one looks very neat and if it at least had an enclosed cab it would be near perfect. (a tilt cylinder would help too)

  19. #1922a2012-02-11 04:25
  20. #20robin yates uk2012-02-11 08:42

    she is in great shape, must have had a good owner

  21. #212stickbill2012-02-11 11:19

    With the fuel prices today bet a lot of people wished they still had their old Cats.The best part you work with them more than on them.No $100+ hourly Computer Mechanics to pay.

  22. #22Hjolli2012-02-12 12:39

    Forgive me but in my part of the world where horizontal rain/snow is quite common you would last maybe half an hour on any machine with open rops. (in fact most European machines have had enclosed cabs for the last 50 yrs or so)

  23. #23LakeRat12012-02-12 15:56

    It looks like that Old 7E has had a Good Life, looks to have been well cared For over the Years, Realy a Nice Looking Machine

  24. #24tripper_1742012-02-12 23:23

    Actually these old girls were quite comfortable when you tarped them in and turned the fan blades to blow the heat back on you. You could operate in -30 temperatures without your parka, just keep your hat on! With the pup engine they would start most days..and this was long before Arctic Oils were on the market. The local municipality bought one similar to this one but with the heavier dozer blade. At the time it worked out to a dollar a pound purchase price. I spent many hours on that tractor and a similar unit with no dozer but pulling a 435 scraper. Those were the days!

  25. #25gpap1232012-02-17 17:18

    Wow... she is beautiful!