Has anyone seen anything like this? It is a 1968 English walking excavator. I found it in my wifes aunts garage. It gets arround using the bucket, scooting arround like a dog with an itchy butt. The legs swing out to stabilize and you use the arm to lift the back end raising the rear tires off the ground until the rear legs lock. To get down you do the opposite then swing the bucket arround and do a wheelie which pushes the rear legs in the air and you lock them with a lever, once locked lower the front and the rear legs are in the air, ready for moving. Its fun but feels like it is going to flip when you do the wheelie to get the legs up, high center of gravity. What do yall think??? :drinkup http://community.webshots.com/album/551289136MUXBqo
I can honestly say, no, I have never seen anything like it. I'm sure I wouldn't want to try and make a living with it, but it'd be really cool to get it all painted up and show it off. :thumbsup (Gonna be hell to find parts for it though....)
pretty cool little machine, check this out on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMALLEY-360-mk5-mini-digger_W0QQitemZ250029235746QQihZ015QQcmdZViewItem
this may be the same manufactuer??????? http://www.richardsmalleyinternational.co.uk/index.html
thanks for the e-bay notice. I keep looking for pictures and info on this machine. That company is the orriginal one. I have been e-mailing them and they gave me some history on it. The sales rep was on his way to Japan to makes sales and he stopped over in Hawaii. Hawaii gas company saw them and bought one. The only one sold in Hawaii. They said the military also bought a few and they sold a couple in the continental US. The machine is a single piston diesel engine which you start with a crank handle like a model T and it sounds like a lawn mower. :laugh
There is a newer version of that in my town, it has a hitch on the back and you can tow it around as a trailer, then once you get the site you can crawl around with it. I imagine its beats a hand shovel, barely....