Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new firewood processor for cutting and splitting wood !

Metsaman ยท 2015-03-04 11:56

This is My new "toy", powerfully firewood processor for making firewood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoawXj4AU74

Replies6
  1. #1maddog2015-03-04 22:04

    Very nice

  2. #2Vigilant2015-03-04 22:49

    I'll stick with a chainsaw.

  3. #3Scrub Puller2015-03-05 00:30

    Yair . . . Dunno Metsaman. I'm with Vigilant . . . lifting and lugging those logs and shoving them through the saw . . . looks hard work to me. Better I think to pick them up with an ordinary old four in one bucket and lop them off with a lightweight chainsaw. Cheers.

  4. #4Metsaman2015-03-07 05:18

    That seems to be in hard work but is actually easy, I make a bigger wood bench, that bench woods that go to machine are and I dont have to lift woods in ground level.

  5. #5stumpjumper832015-03-07 06:48

    Metsaman, I'm glad you like your processor... But I'm siding with scrub. Now don't live in Europe, never even been there actually, but the wood your cutting for firewood, I wouldn't even mess with. Maybe I'm spoiled, but bigger wood makes for a faster processing operation. I uploaded a video of my processor working on some small to average sized hard maple here. Note the excavator for loading the deck... that's cause a piece of wood that I process can weigh up around 800 lbs or 362k. The processor is a Dyna Sc16 w/ a 48hp Kubota Diesel powering it. As for processors in the states, this is a low end commercial unit, they get 2x the size / speed of this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WOqwCCNeww

  6. #6Metsaman2015-03-07 07:31

    Seems to be very powerfully processor, making huge amount firewoods per day. I sell bigger woods ( diameter over 30 cm) for mass production woods to forest industry where they make cellulose and sawmills making lumber woods. Here are firewood makers/seller that use bigger woods also but I think mostly do just like Me, You get better price in wood if You sell woods to forest industry than if make it to firewoods. When I make clearance in recently planted forest I get lots of "crap woods" what is economical use to make firewoods.