Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new, new gig!

monster truck ยท 2010-06-13 19:35

OK here it is, as you can guess by my screen name I am into monster trucks. That is because I have been racing them since I was 19 (25 now). I have driven for quite a few teams (T-MAXX, Sudden Impact, Hot Stuff, etc) and even done a few of the big monster jams. About a month ago I finally got the call from team Bigfoot and that is one call you just dont ignore! I am now on the road as the driver of Bigfoot #8 traveling the country doing events. I'll still be cheking in here, we have plenty of down time on the road. I still love trucks and equipment and plan on going back to it eventually. For some reason I cant post pics now but when I can I will.

Replies25
  1. #1qball2010-06-13 21:32

    that! is! awesome!

  2. #2jimmyjack2010-06-13 21:57

    sweeeeeeeetttttt can you still post pics of other trucks and stuff....just nothing with the bigfoot name right?

  3. #3EGS2010-06-13 22:15

    You ever get around southern Wisconsin let me know.

  4. #4prenn1984@gmail2010-06-13 22:20

    Sweet deal! you should tell em you'll drive the semi to the events too haha

  5. #5monster truck2010-06-13 22:23

    No it has nothing to do with that, for some reason I cant upload pics of anything :beatsme

  6. #6monster truck2010-06-13 22:25

    Actually I do drive the semi too! We have 7 drivers in 7 trucks and we all go out on the road by ourselves, im the semi driver, mechanic and race truck driver all in one!

  7. #7tonka2010-06-13 23:42

    nice, congrats:drinkup

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2010-06-13 23:58

    Congratulations. As for the picture thing, the whole forum was down recently, and everyone has had picture problems since. I hope it gets fixed soon

  9. #9Dozerboy2010-06-16 16:56

    That is a hell of a job when are you coming to Houston I want to go for a drive....or a ride at least.

  10. #10tootalltimmy2010-06-18 19:37

    Let us know where you are going to do a show so we can tune in if it gets on TV.

  11. #11monster truck2010-07-20 16:35

    Well, game over! That didnt last long! After a good tour of the east coast and a back injury that almost paralyzed me I had to throw in the towel on the whole racing thing. It was fun while it lasted but now it's back to the wonderful world of trucks and equipment!

  12. #12tonka2010-07-20 19:36

    Sorry to hear this MT welcome back to the WoT!

  13. #13monster truck2010-07-20 21:48

    Thanks, im actually kinda glad to be done racing. When I started this whole thing six years ago my goal was to be a Bigfoot driver because that is as high as you can get in this sport and I accomplished that. I was going to have to take a couple months off because of the injury and decided to just call it a done deal all together. Im not as much of a fan of traveling for months at a time as I used to be and im really looking forward to sleeping in MY bed every night.

  14. #14monster truck2010-07-20 22:02

    Finally able to upload pics though so here are some shots of what I WAS doing!

  15. #15monster truck2010-07-20 22:20

    Here is a few more plus some of the other trucks I have driven.

  16. #16monster truck2010-07-20 22:37

    ...and some more

  17. #17prenn1984@gmail2010-07-20 23:41

    sweet keep postin pics :thumbsup

  18. #18monster truck2010-07-21 02:37

    OK!! :drinkup

  19. #19Dozerboy2010-08-03 20:51

    I though Bigfoot was switching to a GM? Is that you standing on the grille? Thats a nice shot.

  20. #20monster truck2010-08-04 08:34

    Bigfoot changed one truck over to a chevy for a display at the MLB allstar game. Bigfoot is sponsored by Firestone, Firestone sponsors MLB, MLB is also sponsored by Chevy. So when Firestone wanted Bigfoot at the allstar game it couldnt be a Ford. As soon as the truck got back to the shop it was switched back to a Ford and thats what it will stay. And yes that is me standing on the grill, that was a signature move of mine and it was always good for adding a few extra points to your score.

  21. #21K5Cruz2010-08-06 09:39

    Awesome pictures. How do you get into something like this?

  22. #22monster truck2010-08-07 04:02

    My grandparents knew a promotor who puts on these shows, I helped him build a track and got to hang out in the pits. When a truck broke I jumped in to help fix it, the owner was impressed. A few weeks later I started as a crew guy and worked my way up to crew chief of a 3 truck team at 19 years old. I hauled the trucks around the country and kept them in good shape. A few months after that another team offered me a drivers seat and I took it. Six years later I worked my way up through the teams to Bigfoot and accomplished my goal. Two months after that I was injured so bad that I had to quit driving and am now right back to running equipment and driving trucks. Even though I went back two weeks ago im technically not supposed to go back to work for another month, but doctors always over exagerate that stuff anyways :drinkup

  23. #23KevD8152010-08-15 01:27

    I'm really sorry to hear about your injury MT but it's good to see your in good spirits! I would love to get into monster trucks. I've been a huge fan of the sport my whole life. But i do have a question. Why don't we see Bigfoot anymore up here in the northeast? Back in the early to mid 90's it seemed like Bigfoot was at all the local shows. Does bigfoot still compete in any of the Monster Jam/ USHRA events?

  24. #24monster truck2010-08-15 20:03

    Feld motorsports owns monster jam as well as 90% of the trucks that run in that series, including grave digger and max-d. Bigfoot has offered to run for them many times but feld refuses to hire them. Bigfoot still runs seven trucks every weekend nation wide. I did quite a few shows in the north east. Chances are they have been really close to you quite a few times and you didnt know it.

  25. #25Rockfor5142010-08-16 13:19

    Congrats on the COOL JOB man