Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pictures of my work

TomG · 2010-06-14 19:38

Here are some pictures of equipment I've used and projects i have worked on. I also have videos of most of the equipment on these jobs on my YouTube channel (link is in my signature). Enjoy! Clearing some trees and brush, then pouring a concrete pad for a very large shed.

Replies108
  1. #1TomG2010-06-14 19:40

    Yanmar ViO55 that we demoed this year

  2. #2TomG2010-06-14 19:43

    Clearing and grubbing out woods around large trees

  3. #3TomG2010-06-14 19:45

    Some of our equipment and trucks

  4. #4TomG2010-06-14 19:49

    Using a Bobcat 442 that we demoed last year to do some excavation around a house

  5. #5TomG2010-06-14 19:51

    Pictures from random jobs

  6. #6TomG2010-06-14 19:53

    Our 1990 Bobcat 2410 with 2yd. bucket

  7. #7TomG2010-06-14 19:56

    Tree, brush and stump removal in the back yard of a house

  8. #8245dlc2010-06-14 21:29

    How is that articulated Bobcat loader? I remember seeing them advertised with a backhoe when Bobcat was still marketing them.

  9. #9TomG2010-06-14 22:03

    Yes it is, its actually a 1991 model not a 1990.:Banghead It was made from 1991-1995. We didn't get ours with a backhoe, but yes they were offered with that option. It is a great machine. It is still a very reliable machine today. Now we only use it as our yard machine and i plow with it in the winter.

  10. #10TomG2010-07-05 17:10

    More from the previous job.

  11. #11TomG2010-07-05 17:16

    Spreading 6" minus rip-rap above a 5' high wall.

  12. #12Dozerboy2010-07-06 21:32

    Looks good:usa

  13. #13TomG2010-07-18 15:35

    Preping a site for a retaining wall and patio.

  14. #14DEERE310SG2010-09-04 14:43

    Nice pic's

  15. #15TomG2010-09-05 21:41

    Leveling a front yard, and redoing a driveway.

  16. #16TomG2010-09-05 21:44

    Some random pictures

  17. #17TomG2010-09-05 21:46

    Digging out for a 500sf patio

  18. #18TomG2010-09-05 21:48

    more pictures of the patio prep

  19. #19TomG2010-09-05 21:53

    A really cool project. Doing a patio in the inner courtyard of the high school i went to. Got to drive the mini bobcat through the hallways of the school!!:drinkup

  20. #20maddog2010-09-06 09:16

    thanks for sharing

  21. #21erthmover2010-09-06 20:36

    Looking good! Keep it up:thumbsup

  22. #22Digger Dan2010-09-06 23:27

    Great projects, keep the pics coming

  23. #23TomG2010-09-17 21:19

    Removing an old set of steps and replacing with 5, 6' granite steps and a 6' x 4' granite pad weighing roughly 2500 lbs.

  24. #24Z'mnypit2010-09-20 15:40

    Nice work

  25. #25Aliate2010-09-20 19:49

    wow really nice work man, I like the granite steps

  26. #26TomG2010-09-22 21:28

    Some pictures of our biggest job of the year. This job is currently ongoing so ill post more as i go. Were replacing an old timber wall with a segmented retaining wall. Were also doing two large patios and some walkways. The new wall is going to be 6' behind the old one so quite alot of dirt and rock needed to be excavated, look at the well head, its a good reference.

  27. #27TomG2010-09-22 21:33

    More

  28. #28TomG2010-09-22 21:36

    Excavation

  29. #29TomG2010-09-22 21:43

    We ran in to ledge so we rented a breaker and i spent all day breaking rock.:Banghead We ended up taking two full truck loads of broken rock out. In the 4th picture you can see some of the ledge is blueish in color. It was some sort of granite rock and it would not break at all it only chipped off in very small pieces. It was the hardest rock i have ever ran in to. The new wall will just go around it.

  30. #30Hendrik2010-09-22 22:00

    What sort of tool is in that breaker? Bit hard to tell but it looks as sharp as a soccer ball. I just spent 220 Oz beans on a moil point tool for my breaker to get through some hard rock, which looked all fractured on top but once you got through that is solid as.

  31. #31TomG2010-09-23 17:51

    Haha, yea it wasn't that sharp but it actually the tip was shaped into a V, the pictures just don't show it. It went rite through everything except for that one rock.

  32. #32TomG2010-09-25 21:13

    Removing stumps and rocks to make a new lawn area at a home.

  33. #33TomG2010-09-25 21:16

    More of the same job

  34. #34TomG2010-09-25 21:18

    There were some LARGE rocks on this job!

  35. #35DEERE310SG2010-09-25 21:27

    I just saw your video of you moveing the big rocks.:thumbsup

  36. #36Localmotion2010-10-17 07:49

    Nice work Tom - also seen the vid on you tube... The finished job looks great

  37. #37245dlc2010-10-17 11:54

    Awesome work, I like how you were levelling the subgrade with the 2x4. How do you like that Bobcat 442 excavator? I ran one a few years ago and found it to be a pretty good machine but lately I've heard the new E-80 machines that are suppose to replace it have a lot of problems. I think once I do get my own machine it'll be Kubota or John Deere....maybe Cat.

  38. #38TomG2010-10-17 13:25

    We were just renting the 442 for that job but it was a decent machine. It had alot of power but it was sooooo slow. I have not had a chance to try the E80 but i know its actually a Doosan painted white so it probably is a p.o.s. Idk what size machine you might be interested in but definitely check out the E50, we are very impressed with ours.

  39. #39245dlc2010-10-17 15:41

    Yeah I'm thinking at least for the moment a "50" size machine I'll have a look at Bobcat but I'm not sold entirely on they're attachment system. I tried a 50D John Deere this past spring and really liked it and I tried a Kubota a few years ago and thought it was a good machine. Either way I'll have to demo a couple brands before making a decision I think I'm also going to for a pin grabber type quick change along with a couple of locally produced buckets including a tilt bucket. I'm surprised that you found the 442 so slow the one I ran was pretty quick but I didn't like the Bobcat brand tilt that came with it, it was too wide and didn't have much capacity.

  40. #40TomG2010-10-21 20:15

    Pictures of our local Brox plant where we get most of our aggregate.

  41. #41TomG2010-10-21 20:17

    Some of our machines on our trailers.

  42. #42TomG2010-10-21 20:20

    New paint and lettering on the E50. And i got a radio for it too! I don't know how i have lived with out a radio in all our other machines!

  43. #43TomG2010-10-21 20:23

    Funny story about this picture. I was working at this house and as you can see my truck and trailer were parked in the cul-de-sac. Well the school bus ended up coming down the street and honked at me. So I went down to see what the matter was, and the driver said was blocking the cul-de-sec and that I needed to move my truck so she could turn around. So I was a little puzzled as to why she couldn’t turn around so I told her she had plenty of room and I would help her back up if she wanted. She said no and that if I didn’t move the truck she would call the police!:Banghead So I offered to turn the bus around for her haha. That didn’t go over well. So a cruiser shows up and he looks at the cul-de-sac and literally says “Ser you’re doing nothing wrong you can go back to work” and he made the driver turn the bus around. And after all this happened the homeowner came out and said she had parked her SUV on the side of the cul-de-sac before and she got reported by the bus driver for blocking the road. So here is my point about all this… I would have had no problem moving my truck if it was actually stopping her from being able to turn around, or if she didn’t threaten to have the police come out. People who can’t operate a motor vehicle or a piece of machinery properly should not be driving or running a machine at all. Hopefully the bus driver gets fired for not being able to drive her bus. I’m just doing my part to help get all the stupid people off the road:usa

  44. #44TomG2010-10-21 20:25

    Ripping out a tar walkway and prepping for a new walk and wall.

  45. #45TomG2010-10-21 20:29

    Saw this while driving home from a job one day. No idea how this happened or if anyone was injured. (I hope not) Strange thing was there was no other vehicle involved with the accident. If i had to guess i would say the person was going way to fast around the corner and flipped. Maybe it was one of those stupid drivers i was ranting about earlier. :beatsme

  46. #46TomG2010-10-21 20:31

    Prepping a large patio.

  47. #47TomG2010-10-21 20:33

    More from the same job. There will be a natural stone wall around the outside edge.

  48. #48TomG2010-11-15 21:28

    Putting in some drains and pipe to help get water away from a house

  49. #49TomG2010-11-15 21:32

    Putting in a drainage swale at a home.

  50. #50TomG2010-11-15 21:40

    Quick little half day project. Removing and hauling away of an old cement wall and steps. Installed new granite steps and graded the yard so it wasn't as steep.

  51. #51TomG2010-11-28 21:26

    More pictures of the large patio

  52. #52TomG2010-11-28 21:28

    A few random shots

  53. #53TomG2010-11-28 21:31

    Our 2410 getting some new wheels

  54. #54bill53622010-11-28 21:31

    Tom nice looking work

  55. #55nedly052010-11-29 05:09

    Absolutely! How do you like the tilt bucket on your new 50? I really like the looks of that machine.

  56. #56Colorado Digger2010-11-29 07:53

    the 50 my dealer cannot even get those tractors. i tried the 60 but if i am cottect the 60 and 80 are doosans and the 50 is still a real bobcat. nice pics. sometimes those rocks are impossible to break. i pretty much use my 980 breaker on concrete flatwork and walls if i hit something big i call the drillers and they come crack it for me. keep the updates coming on that track hoe. i am in the market bit may buy a used 435 duy to market price issues. do you have a head shaker for that hoe? they work great.

  57. #57TomG2010-11-29 21:46

    The tilt is the best thing we have ever purchased for one of our mini's. Its an expensive attachment but its worth every penny. You can do tasks way faster, its a real time and money saver.

  58. #58TomG2010-11-29 21:52

    Yea the 60 and 80 are Doosans, DONT buy a 60, just go to Bobcat's website and compare the 50 and the 60 and you will see why. My local dealership ended up canceling all there orders for 60's once the 50's came out. You might have already checked this out but if you haven't take a look at my other thread on the E50. . And what is a head shaker? If you don't mind me asking, I have never herd of that.

  59. #59Colorado Digger2010-11-29 22:09

    head shaker head shakers are big plate compacter mounted on the end of the stick. looks like you guys have s few stones, so maybe don't even need to think about one. you use them all the time. but it is a different line of work.

  60. #60TomG2011-01-06 20:39

    Some pictures of a patio we did

  61. #61TomG2011-01-06 20:41

    Some shots of the T300 in some very sticky clay that we were using for fill.

  62. #62TomG2011-01-06 20:44

    Digging a 8' deep hole for a sonotube for a solar panel system.

  63. #63TomG2011-01-06 20:46

    More of the same job

  64. #64TomG2011-01-06 20:48

    Some pictures of us plowing

  65. #65TomG2011-01-06 20:50

    Some more plowing and snow removal shots

  66. #66TomG2011-01-06 20:53

    Taking down some trees in the snow with the help of the E50

  67. #67TomG2011-01-06 20:55

    More of the same job

  68. #68TomG2011-01-06 21:30

    Well i was going through some really old pictures and came across these. This is the most difficult job we have ever done. I was only 13 when i worked on this job so unfortunately i only have these pictures. And yes that is what 40 granite steps look like all in a row. This is a house on a lake and there house is on the side of a very steep hill as you can see. The middle 2 pictures give you an idea of the slope we were working with. What we did was i was in our bobcat 331 excavator on the corner of the wall and i would boom down the granite steps in to place. I would also lower any stone and tools the guys needed down to them. All the digging out for the steps had to be done by hand until we got up high enough to where the 331 could reach. If my memory serves me correctly this job took about a week. Also all the walls you see we did the year before.

  69. #69TomG2011-01-06 21:36

    Well i found some more old pictures. When i tell customers i have been operating equipment on job sites for 13 years, and not on jobs for 5 years before that, i get a lot of funny looks (I am 23) and most people don't believe me. Maybe i should carry around these pictures.:drinkup Sorry for the crappy quality there old!

  70. #70Digger Dan2011-01-06 21:41

    Hey how do you like that t300, has it been good to you or have you had expenses or problems with it? Nice work you do...

  71. #71TomG2011-01-06 22:07

    We LOVE the T300 it is an absolute beast. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I think it has 600hrs on it and we have literally had not one problem with it.

  72. #72JoelDirt2011-01-29 11:14

    Those stairs would have been a huge pain? You guys really do some great work tho, keep the pics coming please =)

  73. #73Colorado Digger2011-01-29 19:43

    nice fotos very nice pics. i love the bobcats. the older bobcat loader is the bomb.

  74. #74TomG2011-01-29 19:58

    Thanks for the compliment! The stairs were not that bad once we got going them.

  75. #75TomG2011-01-29 20:01

    Thanks! Yea I love the old loader it still runs great!

  76. #76dirty4fun2011-01-29 20:14

    Some very nice looking jobs and equipment! Looks like the 50 is just about the right size for most of the jobs, you are doing. Some very nice looking stone work.

  77. #77TomG2011-02-06 12:00

    Some snow plowing pictures.

  78. #78TomG2011-02-06 12:02

    Doing push backs with the 2410

  79. #79TomG2011-02-06 12:04

    Some more plowing pictures

  80. #80TomG2011-04-13 20:34

    Here is our new truck, its a 2008 Kenworth T300. It has a 17' Ox body with a lift gate. We can haul 22.5T. Its our first CDL truck but we are doing bigger and bigger jobs and this truck can haul almost three times as much material as our Internationals.

  81. #81tootalltimmy2011-04-14 15:33

    Nice looking truck!

  82. #82Dozerboy2011-04-14 22:27

    X2 that the same bed we have on our Macks and they take a beating

  83. #83dresser125c2011-05-19 11:43

    Nice equipment guys!

  84. #84TomG2011-06-15 20:39

    The truck with trailer and E50.

  85. #85TomG2011-06-15 20:41

    Got to try out an E35. Nice machine comparable in size to our 331.

  86. #86TomG2011-06-15 20:44

    Ripping out a driveway to make way for a paver drive.

  87. #87TomG2011-06-15 20:46

    More from the same job.

  88. #88TomG2011-06-15 20:48

    How many state guys does it take to unload a Bobcat? :Banghead

  89. #89245dlc2011-06-15 20:57

    How much does Bobcat want for that E35? I'm thinking of getting my first mini in the next little while and you seem to have pretty good luck with yours. Are you going to get a full cab like with your E50?

  90. #90TomG2011-06-15 21:27

    I don't know how much, this one was at a high school trades fair day that I participated in, talking to kids about landscape/construction. We got it donated for the day by our local Bobcat dealer. Were not in the market for another new machine! haha. Besides our 2001 331 still runs great! I would definitely demo a E35 though if that's the size you want, it seamed like a nice machine in the few minutes I got to mess around on it.

  91. #91245dlc2011-06-15 23:23

    Thanks, bud.

  92. #92TomG2011-06-20 21:24

    Taking out a few big stumps with the E50 to make room for a solar panel pole.

  93. #93TomG2011-06-20 21:26

    More from the same job, digging the hole for the pole, digging the trench for the power, and the huge ready-mix truck.

  94. #94TomG2011-06-20 21:30

    "L" shaped granite stoop construction. Pavers will go in the square opening at the top of the stoop and there will be a large patio at the bottom of the stoop. Granite pieces are 11', 10', 9', 6', 5', 4' long.

  95. #95CM19952011-06-20 21:54

    The stump that the E50 picked up and put in that single axle is very impressive.

  96. #96dirty4fun2011-06-20 22:03

    That was what I was thinking, pretty good sized stump. Very nice set of steps, will even look better when you finish everything.

  97. #97TomG2011-06-20 22:20

    Yes it is, I was very Impressed with the machine. No complaints about the machine so far. Here is a video of me pulling out the stump for people who are interested. I think its even more impressive than just the pictures.

  98. #98TomG2011-06-24 17:17

    Well I just noticed I didn't link the video! Dohhhhh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjOUietdYHg

  99. #99TomG2011-06-24 17:23

    Demo of an old in ground pool. The cement was about 4" below grade so the lawn never grew well so we excavated around the cement to break it down farther. We realized that the previous person who "demoed" the pool never punched any holes in the bottom so the pool had been collecting water. And this is what happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zGsujlR4fY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6W2aP2dkA So we ended up taking out all the clay fill, demoing the bottom of the pool and bringing in good non clay fill. We finished it off by loaming out the yard for grass.

  100. #100TomG2011-06-24 17:25

    More of the same job

  101. #101TomG2011-06-24 17:27

    Last of the pool demo job

  102. #102wolfmobile82011-06-25 11:52

    looks good

  103. #103TomG2011-06-27 08:11

    Some random photos from jobs

  104. #104TomG2011-06-27 08:14

    A woods clearing up job. The homeowner wanted to clean up his woods of all the fallen and dead trees. Here are before and after shots.

  105. #105TomG2011-06-27 08:16

    Some shots of the clearing

  106. #106TomG2011-06-27 08:18

    I found a muddy spot!

  107. #107PHeller2011-07-04 18:56

    wow Tom your a lucky dude. Not many kids get the chance to play on big equipment and then make a decent career out of it.

  108. #108GySgtAttack2014-11-07 07:35

    Wow Tom, just spent a thoroughly enjoyable hour going through your project shots. Absolutely loved your: How many state employee's does it take to unload a Bobcat shot! LOL! That bus driver story in the cul de sac just goes to prove the old adage that "There aren't any lifeguards in the gene pool."! Bahahaha! Keep those posts coming, especially any and all pics of that BEAUTIFUL Bobcat 2410!!! Brian in Michigan