I have owned and operated a 1993 case 580 super k for 23 years, along with a case 590 super L the last few. The super k has been the backbone of my property improvement/developement business. I'm 65, and was thinking of restoring it as a retirement project. It is a standard hoe 2wd. It has been a great hoe, and got me by just fine, even for 13 years in the mts. About 6k hrs. now, and is still in great shape. I am building a ranch now from scratch, and cant live without a hoe, even in retirement THEN, I saw this nice old 1990, one owner phase 3 advertised as a barn find. True hrs unknown, estimated at 2000. Used mostly for rodeoing, it has 0 wear on the cutting blade, 0 play in the extendahoe, and 0 play at the front wheels. It does, however, have about 1/16" play at the swing pivot pins. Came with 6 buckets. Previous owner said case drilled out orifices or something, to remove the swing cushion, which I really like. It suposedly has all available options that year, including turbo, touchscreen, mid hydraulics,e-hoe, 4x4, 4in1, tilt leather wrapped wheel and trim, a/c, stereo. Right now I am enjoying the a/c. It really is like running a new hoe. I love it. Even more than my 590 super L, which is heading down the road. Previous owner said Case pissed him off, so he removed the decals. I am preparing to remove oxidation, and apply new decals. A lot less work to restore this one I just wanted to share, for those like me that like the old ks. I think when I clean it up and put the decals on I will call it good. Cheers, Dan
Own the same how for 12,000 hrs. before I sold it and it was still running strong.
Wow!! 30+ yrs old??? Fantastic find... have a great 'retirement project'.
I wonder when they stopped using power tan on the top of cab. I have a 94SK and the top is brown like rest of cab. I know the early K's all had the tan tops.
I’m a big fan of the old K model, Mine has 1680hrs great home owner machine.I like the fact they’re pretty easy to maintain.That machine looks really nice!good luck.