Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new to me 955L

Cliffj59 ยท 2011-05-14 19:35

Well I just bought me a 1978 955L 13x1963 series track loader with a 4 in 1 bucket. The undercarrage looks to be about 90% and the deisel mechanic I had come out and look it over was very impressed with the tightness of the unit (all the pins and bushings)and the power of the motor. The only thing is that the 2 main lift cylinders (one on each side)stay wet around the ends, it dosn't drip off of them but they stay wet. You you'all think this is a problem? How hard and costly will it be to rebuild the cylinders? I have about 20 acres to clear and dress up for pasture land which isn't alot of work to do with this unit and then I want to sell or trade it for a back hoe. Thanks in advance for any advice

Replies3
  1. #1Komatsu 1502011-05-15 09:47

    Not a problem I would think about at all until it gets much worse. Just standard cylinders but heavy and awkward to remove.

  2. #2OldandWorn2011-05-17 05:53

    Good job...90% undercarriage is impressive as that's where your money is. If at all possible trade it in for a track hoe. They can do soooo much more than a back hoe.

  3. #3firecatf73332011-10-25 10:52

    howd u make out