Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu and Dresser/IH hystat loaders.

ih100 ยท 2011-05-15 16:41

I've so far seen no mention on here of the Komatsu rear-engined hystat, the D66S. I've never seen one in the UK. Anyone have any experience of them, or the Dresser 200? Again another elusive beast.

Replies5
  1. #1Dickjr.2011-05-16 12:48

    There are a few around here , I think Iron Planet has one coming up to auction . I wondered how they would be also. The one I am talking about is a Dresser 200. We still use track loaders around here quite a bit.

  2. #2ih1002011-05-30 14:28

    Has no-one operated these mounts? I expected the Dresser to be rare, but not the Komatsu.

  3. #3AJsOffroad2011-06-03 06:26

    We have two Dresser 200's.

  4. #4ih1002011-06-04 17:21

    How do they stack up against a Cat? I always rated IH equipment.

  5. #5245dlc2011-06-04 19:03

    I worked on a sewer and water crew years ago that had two Komatsu D66S track loaders, the guys operating them loathed them and would of given anything to run a 953 or 963. I don't remember them having any major mechanical problems, but from what they told me they were quite gutless I didn't run one myself but they were not liked by anybody.