Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new to me D8!

crazycajun ยท 2011-06-16 22:59

I got a new d8L today at auction. Has heater controls but nothing for a/c. Anyone know where or what kind of aftermarket a/c unit I could install? The machine is 12.5' tall already so id like to not mount it on top? Il try to post pics if I can figure out where pics are stored on iPad

Replies7
  1. #1SE-Ia Cowman2011-06-16 23:02

    Red Dot is what I have seen on a lot of 6h's with aftermarket cabs and they have the condencer behind the cab and below the top of the roof. http://www.rdac.com/

  2. #2crazycajun2011-06-17 10:09

    I called a local red dot dealer. He said $5,000 and 3 weeks he could have it done for us! A bit more than I was hoping for, and about 2.75 weeks longer, but it's a must have down here...

  3. #3Taylorson5012011-06-17 17:22

    test

  4. #4crazycajun2011-06-19 20:16

    I found a self contained a/c unit. Renegade auto cool, anyone ever use them? Supposedly it is made for mining equipment. I've come to the conclusion that the dozer is broke until I can get it cooled off somehow!

  5. #5Nige2011-06-24 18:36

    3 standard locations available for the aircon condenser on a D8L. Under the hood, on the RH side mounted on top of the hydraulic tank, and on top of the cab roof/ROPS. Best location for servicing is on RH side although you do lose some visibility out of the cab window. An optional convex rear view mirror that mounts on the RH blade lift cylinder is a useful extra if you go for the RH side A/C installation. Prices - no idea.

  6. #6Aussie Leroy2011-06-25 20:08

    crazycajun; Have you got any pictures of the new to you D8L. cheers Leroy

  7. #7crazycajun2011-06-27 00:28

    Yes but they are on my iPad and I dunno how to post them. Videos too. Anyone know?