Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new to me toys

Heath1973 ยท 2016-03-08 21:38

I have been wanting to do my own thing for quite some time now.......finally decided to step up and take the leap!!! The truck I just fell in love with and it was cheap enough and I don't have the smarts to rotate the pics the right way:Banghead

Replies11
  1. #1caterpillarmech2016-03-09 05:55

    Love the truck! Little spit and polish and it will be even cooler.:thumbsup

  2. #2JNB2016-03-09 09:14

    Congrats on the new to you equipment. I always liked cabovers. Yours looks great!

  3. #3hetkind2016-03-09 09:38

    Nice, what clockwork does the truck have? IIRC, from when I worked at the truckstop, 35 plus years ago, many of those were 6 cylinder cummins. Howard

  4. #4kshansen2016-03-09 09:40

    Well I can at least get that Freightliner sitting on it's wheels for you!, Don't want to scratch the paint!

  5. #5kshansen2016-03-09 09:45

    Oh heck while the tow truck is there might as well set the backhoe up right too, no extra charge!

  6. #6Heath19732016-03-09 20:58

    Thank you for turning us back up right!!! My son was starting to get a head rush!!! She's a '74 model with a 8v71T, 13spd. The guy I bought it from said it had 4.11'sunder it, door sticker says 4.33's but at 70 mph she was turning @ 1675. It does have tall rubber on it. Either way.....it will run fast enough to get me in trouble. Thanks everyone...hope to put it all to work soon.....you know the day I go buy insurance and it comes a 4-6 inch rain, but it's gotta dry up eventually

  7. #7Wes J2016-03-09 21:08

    I know where there is a 1970 model with an 8V92 and 14 speed that is available as a parts truck. It ran 5 years ago and was parked inside since. It's air ride too.

  8. #8CM19952016-03-09 21:12

    Welcome to the world of owning your own business. Some things I know for certain - it'll rain like hell when you don't need it, some days you'll be wondering what in the hell am I doing when a project goes south and the satisfaction of taking a shot at making it yourself and being successful. The last part of that sentence is why we take the leap and make a go at it.

  9. #9joispoi2016-04-30 05:54

    I like that Freightliner. There are 2 big advantages with cab-overs. You have much better visibility up close and with short wheelbase, you can maneuver them in tighter areas. I saw your rescue post. Looks like you did really well. A lot of guys would have swamped a wheeled machine in that wet ground.

  10. #10Heath19732016-04-30 15:30

    Thanks for the compliment

  11. #11old-iron-habit2016-04-30 19:42

    What is wrong that it is only a parts truck. Most trucks to be partd out are not kept inside. The old 8V-92 were cool engines if you are a Detroit fan.