Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new toy

Monrad ยท 2008-03-24 03:48

Not a brand spanker but just run in really, dam its nice to have aircon

Replies18
  1. #1312King2008-03-24 04:01

    Looks nice, those hitachis are good relable machines

  2. #2Monrad2008-03-24 04:17

    We have used Hitachi for years and years and the reliability is awesome. Fuel economy is excellent and power is cracker

  3. #3stretch2008-03-24 15:52

    Wait a sec...can that bucket rotate? What a neat little machine....hope to start someday on something like this or a bit bigger when I go into the business. Clean machine (not for long I bet)...a friend of ours operates a Hitachi EX800 (I think) with a scrap shear...massive machine, they are in the process of setting up the Deere equivalent, also with a shear. The Hitachi worked at the WTC site.

  4. #4pwrstroke6john2008-03-24 17:21

    Nice machine, Someday I'll have one.

  5. #5bigjake05242008-03-24 19:40

    Nice machine, congratulations.

  6. #6bobcat ron2008-03-24 20:51

    Nice tilt bucket!

  7. #7637slayer2008-03-24 21:01

    nice machine, did you shop for 1 with the bucket like that or just happen that way?

  8. #8tylermckee2008-03-24 21:05

    odd thumb, any more pics?

  9. #9Dirtman20072008-03-24 21:48

    I thought the same thing. Nice machine though! I think those hydro lines on the bucket would only last about a day in my kind of work!

  10. #10Monrad2008-03-25 02:40

    Yeah those lines take a bit of a thrashing but easy to replace, wanted them on each side and a heavier gauge but alas what you c is what I got hahaha. The Hydro thumb can take anything I Throw at it, will lift counterweight off easy when picking up big weight. I brought Bucket when I was getting digger plumbed up, NSP Tilt bucket. Have used before and really good.

  11. #11ZAXIS2008-03-29 14:18

    Nice looking machine, Me & my dad own three Hitachi's (2 zaxis & 1 ex-5). In my opinion, they are the best you can buy. You can keep her looking that new with a wax job a couple of times a year. Sincerely, ZAXIS

  12. #12Monrad2008-03-29 15:02

    I agree, we have had nothing but great work from these machines. My dad sold one little while ago that had 11000 hours and it still ran mint as with no probs although one track moter was getting tired. I will give it a wax next week I think, good idea thanks

  13. #13coopers2008-03-29 16:48

    Very nice!

  14. #14wildy2008-03-30 06:31

    about as good as it gets for levelling stone those 130's

  15. #15Countryboy2008-03-30 19:43

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums wildy! :drinkup

  16. #16petersfamilytru2008-03-30 19:55

    Very Nice That is a very nice machine... I have the much older John Deere version and it treats me extremely well. As for the thumb... I have one almost identical to it and everyone is always commenting on how "strange" it is. I happen to really like it! Good stuff.... www.petersfamilytrucking.com

  17. #17Monrad2008-04-02 04:18

    Yeah it cracks me up bout the comments on the thumb, i will have to have a look at your guys ones to see what the difference is, us kiwis are pretty good with the engineering don't ya know.

  18. #18knucklehead982008-04-02 22:54

    That thumb looks alot like the one on my backhoe. Use it on the railroad. Sweet looking ride gotta love the hitachi's