Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buckets

stjo46 ยท 2008-03-24 18:15

I would like to show off three excavator buckets that I just completed. The first one is the extra heavy duty bucket.

Replies17
  1. #1stjo462008-03-24 18:50

    I'll try again I hit the wrong key first time. This is the extra heavy duty bucket with a plate lip. The second one is the heavy duty. The third one is the medium duty bucket. They measure out at 5" tall By 5 7/8" from tip of point to the back and 2" wide. I have not figured the Cubic Displacement yet but I will>

  2. #2Dozerboy2008-03-24 19:14

    Wow those look nice

  3. #3Canadian_digger2008-03-24 20:32

    What are they made of?

  4. #4Turbo218352008-03-24 21:09

    Looks to be brass, lighter color, and copper, pinkish darker color. Either way, that bucket is worth some hooch, not only in material, but time as well

  5. #5roddyo2008-03-25 19:53

    Really cool bucket What size machine does it fit.

  6. #6dayexco2008-03-25 20:35

    beautiful workmanship dude...when you get to selling them, lemme know

  7. #7Monrad2008-03-27 04:03

    Well done, how long did it take you

  8. #8stjo462008-03-27 11:28

    Time It takes about 8 hours plus to make them, but it all depends on what material I'm using. On the extra heavy duty bucket in forming the back, its made from 0.064" material. I have to use a brake set up for the top three bends then a roller to form the rest then fit it all together, that's where the PLUS comes in. Then its cleaning and polishing, then more of that PLUS. I cut out the teeth from 3/16" plate, then file and finish them on a belt sander, they are 1" long 3/16" wide and 5/16" tall, small! The completed bucket is 2" wide, 2 1/4" over the side cutters, 5" tall, 5 7/8" from the tip of the tooth to the back side and it has a pin to point distance of 5 5/8". Not shown is a display stand made from 5"X8" piece of slate and brass rod. Thank You for your interest.

  9. #9dayexco2008-03-28 18:29

    stjo, roam this around in your head.....your craftsmanship is out of this world. if you're interested in making a complete excavator....PM me, i'd be REALLY interested. i am interested in one of the buckets either way. lemme know

  10. #10Steve Frazier2008-03-28 18:40

    So that's what they do on those long nights in Alaska...... Very nice work! I'd love to see a series of "in progress" photos of the build.

  11. #11ZAXIS2008-03-29 22:41

    Awesome craftsmanship!! What a talent you have. Let us all know if you are going to sell these buckets-or complete machine as dayexco mentioned. Sincerely, ZAXIS

  12. #12bobcat ron2008-03-30 11:14

    Now I really want to see the whole machine!

  13. #13stjo462008-03-30 16:00

    Bucket size The buckets are part of the 13 to 1 scale of the excavator weathervane that I make that measures, 40" long, 21" tall, and 4" over the tracks. This is a picture of them, I had to do some repair on two of these( bullet holes and damage) so I had a chance to do this picture. These are a 13 to 1 scale of a Deere/Hitachi 450 excavator, I like the 100,00lbs class as the scale and proporation works out well! As I'm finishing up on several projects right now I will be back to those gentlemen that have expressed a interest in my work this week. Thank you for your patience. Unlike the actural O E M equipment I do offer a life time warrenty on my work, unless its really stupid.

  14. #14dayexco2008-03-30 16:15

    i want the farthest back one...how much? where do i send the money?

  15. #15bobcat ron2008-03-30 17:52

    I like the middle one with the thumb.

  16. #16ZAXIS2008-03-30 19:18

    Those Are Flippin Sweet!!!

  17. #17Dozerboy2008-04-01 19:11

    Ya they are