Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new toy

upnover ยท 2008-11-02 00:36

Picked up the mini last night and took it to the farm to try it out. I have a lot of hand eye coordination to get used to. I should start playing video games! What a great machine. Even in hard clay I could dig easily with the 24" toothed bucket. Too bad winter is coming so I will have to wait to play some more in spring.

Replies11
  1. #1Mike2502008-11-02 09:07

    That's a nice looking machine.That would come in handy working around my property. Good luck with it and keep us posted on it!

  2. #2cat3202008-11-02 09:13

    nice machine. your eye had coordination will improve with time but it will be fun trying.

  3. #3Bob Horrell2008-11-02 12:00

    I rented that machine this summer to do a backyard septic replacement job. I found it to be a good machine. Good digging power and smooth controls. I wasn't sure it would have the beans to pull the old metal tank out of the ground since it was at a wierd angle and partially covered by a cement patio. It slid it over and lifted it out with ease. You are going to have fun with it.

  4. #4-RollOff-2008-11-03 23:56

    boy do they look nice all clean and new

  5. #5Squizzy246B2008-11-04 08:36

    Now I'm feeling guilty.....I'm going to have to go clean mine tomorrow.

  6. #6upnover2008-11-04 22:58

    Well actually it has 157 hours on it. I think the previous owner greased it every 2 hours as it took me all morning to wipe all the excess grease off of it!

  7. #7tyler5652@yahoo2008-12-17 19:50

    thats a real nice machine. can i borrow it for the weekend projects im sure ill bring it back still good condition:beatsme lol

  8. #8joe67942009-01-03 05:31

    nice machine

  9. #9clayton2009-01-03 21:41

    thats a nice excavator you got there btw is it a yanmar? ive never heard of a yanmar excavator

  10. #10upnover2009-01-05 21:42

    Yes it is a Yanmar VIO-35-5. I had not really heard of them either. I was looking at the Cat, Deere or Case when I found this deal too good to pass up. The 3 year/3000 hour warranty was a bonus too. I cant wait to use it when the snow goes.

  11. #11strott2009-01-10 14:16

    Yanmar's are well known for their Short tailswing and zero tail swing models like yours is, so you've got a top quality machine there, enjoy.