I picked up the 55A first, and then a month later the 75A popped up on craigslist for a very reasonable price, so I jumped on that too. The 55A needs some work, but I was able to get it running and drivable after replacing parts in the fuel system, draining the tank, and hot wiring it. I'll be working on replacing some hoses in the backhoe, as one of them is leaking badly. Everything else seems to work as it should The 75A is in fairly decent shape, when the guy delivered it, it had a hard time moving, after I added 2 quarts of fluid to the tranny it moved just fine. On my to do list is to drop the pan, clean the screen, and change the filter, and fill it with fresh fluid. Enjoy the pics.
lookin' good - You have work for them?
Due to several operators loosing body parts to the boom arms, Clark was sued and had to change the design and move the boom pivot forward in front of the cab creating the series II machines. be very careful of where you are in relationship to the boom arms.
Yeah, I'm always aware of those booms when I'm on them. I'm typically a pretty careful operator, and I won't be having other people operating them. I'll be using them for some tree and land cleanup around the acreage, and probably some snow removal. They're more of a hobby, so I'm not too concerned about working them for a profit. It's interesting: the 75A has a sticker inside the cab that warns the operator to lower the booms before getting out of the cab. So I guess at that point Clark knew it was a concern, at least enough to put a warning sticker in it.
Here's some Youtube videos of both of the Payloaders up and running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC4LM7XJcFY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLLRNut_VQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x-ae9_7dHA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgR5Ky0zv8Y There's also a bit more info about them at my website.
Nice toy. I would always want to have that kind of machine.