Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RE: previous 72-31 Hydraulic post….BillG?

curly1 ยท 2012-11-23 11:21

As you may recall forklift to loader swap, hydraulics to slow. Pump numbers are: 251263 L1 Pump tag reads: 2 2 4 3 0 9 [the 9 could be a 5]. Can the pump internals be changed or is different pump required? This is a 765 hr machine purchased from Washington State University, immaculate shape and the Detroit engine pops off immediately even at 45 degrees. You can tell it's low hours when there is nothing but dust [no oil film] anyplace on the machine. It has the aluminum quick release cab. Thanks for any help, curly

Replies5
  1. #1willie592012-11-23 11:48

    I have no clue what kind of machine this is, but if those hours are correct, I would find it curious if the pump was worn out already.

  2. #2TEC2012-11-23 12:11

    I imagine that he is looking to change the pump to increase the speed of the hydraulics. Sounds like it's a loader set up as a forklift and the hydraulics are slowed for more precise movement. But I will let the real experts chime in as this is just my idea of what was said. Cheers. Tom

  3. #3Hardline2012-11-23 12:54

    Yes see the other thread about it. He is trying to speed up the loader. JJ

  4. #4willie592012-11-23 13:01

    Ahh, thanks for that info.

  5. #5Hardline2012-11-23 13:11

    Was trying to find the link to the other thread but I'm on my phone and not very good at navigating it. Loll. Edit here it is