Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My tandem dump…

percmd ยท 2010-05-17 23:36

This is my 1988 Mack DM688S tandem dump truck i just bought. Has all original interior and original Roger's dump body(mint condition). Just put 8 new deep lugs on the rear(not in picture). It ain't built for speed, it's a beast! I call it the "Big Blue OX"!

Replies12
  1. #1CM19952010-05-18 00:18

    Congrats on the "Big Blue Ox"!:drinkup Hope it serves you well.

  2. #2tonka2010-05-18 06:40

    looks good man...post some more pics

  3. #3t_dirt2010-05-18 21:28

    That looks like a nice version of the first truck i drove!!! We need some interior pics!!!!

  4. #4RonG2010-05-19 04:38

    Those models of Macks are just about the best dump truck ever made.They do everything well and keep on doing it.Thanks for sharing with us.Ron G

  5. #5tippatone2010-05-19 17:21

    I second that...the new Macks are not as well built as the old ones, thanks for sharing

  6. #6NCH Transport2010-05-21 15:39

    beautiful truck! I myself have an 89 rw713 superliner, and a 87 dm 686 before it. I love the old macks, best truck ever built. Is your's a 237 motor or 300? Also what trans is in it? I'm jealous!:drinkup

  7. #7indian3472010-05-21 20:30

    The new one's are made by Realualt !They bought theh out!!! Also the Blue Ox is some truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim

  8. #8atgreene2010-05-22 16:41

    Nice truck, been looking for one myself.

  9. #9nedly052010-05-28 06:13

    Awesome truck! We need to see some more pics and a rundown of the specs!

  10. #10CM19952010-05-28 11:37

    True Renault bought Mack trucks and then Volvo bought Renault and Mack. So Mack trucks are owned by Volvo and the North American trucks are produced in Pennsylvania and Virginia with the new Corp HQ in North Carolina. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Trucks

  11. #11DEERE310SG2010-09-04 14:39

    Nice truck man.

  12. #12Dominion 4102010-09-05 11:31

    Mack Nice,a true benchmark for others to try to follow-and there's none yet imo. Dominion:canada