I noticed the rotaton direction arrows on my tires are backwards, is there some reason for this or did someone just screw up when they mounted them? It doesn't matter much since they are almost bald, :bouncegri but if I do replace them I'd like to put them on the right way. At this point they are functioning well as turf tires and don't chew up my lawn :yup though I do get stuck a lot in the mud :nono
When you're standing in front of the machine, looking at the rear tires, the tread on the front face of the tire should look like: V V V If thay are almost bald, it probably doesn't matter too much, but they are "directional"--they get better traction turning one way than they do the opposite way. Obviously, since you want to push harder while trying to load the loader bucket, it's important that they be mounted the right way. How about switching them, left side for right side? :wink2 (Think about it...) I've had a spare rear wheel with an old tire laying around, and if I've needed it in a pinch, I haven't cared whether it was on the correct side or not. A couple of years ago, I had a flat on one of my rear tires. I took it to a tire shop for repair, and when I got back to the machine, found they'd mounted it backwards. I took it back, and told them, and they apologized and said they'd remount it. I picked it up, took it back, and it was still backwards. :Banghead The third trip, I stood there and watched them do it, the right way.
Thanks, that makes sense. I was thinking about switching them side to side, but as I said they are pretty bald and I don't think it would matter much at this point. Maybe the guy who had it before me spent more time going backwards? :bouncegri
I had a friend get a rear flat on a 3 wheeler. After he got the tire fixed we noticed it was facing the wrong way. He sold it soon after that anyway and told buyers he did that incase he got stuck he could always back out of it. :wink2