Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My turn I guess

Shimmy1 ยท 2024-03-24 12:38

https://www.nelsonfuneralhomesnd.com/obituary/mitchell-mitch-lloyd I have had the pleasure of getting to know this man pretty well over the last 11 years. Planted almost every acre of his corn for 10 seasons. He was probably the most intelligent man I have ever known in person. Without his guidance, I would have never became the planter operator that I am. He expected the best, and for the last 6 years he has said that in three counties, he could find corn fields that looked as good as his, but he could not find one that looked better. He could find things and see things that no one else could even comprehend. Up to this point in my life, I had not lost a closer friend than him. Heaven's corn will be 50 bushels better this year. I know this forum is technically supposed to be for forum members, but since there are a few others, I figured one more wouldn't hurt anything.

Replies8
  1. #1Tarhe Driver2024-03-25 11:43

    Gone far too soon. Would it be reasonable/respectable for you to somewhat describe his fatal tractor accident so that others might try to avoid such an untimely death?

  2. #2Shimmy12024-03-25 12:31

    Wear a seatbelt. Only thing to say.

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-03-25 15:08

    Sorry about your friend, Shimmy ! I read the news stories. If he would of had a seat-belt on we wouldn't be reading this today.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-03-27 02:15

    Very sad to hear. I wonder if he had a medical emergency that caused him to go off the road? Still very tragic regardless.

  5. #5Old Doug2024-03-27 07:31

    Sorry for your loss . I was in a bad deal and went half way out my pickup window. I wear a seatbelt now all the time.

  6. #6colson042024-04-02 11:23

    I'm sorry for your loss @Shimmy1 .

  7. #7JBGASH2024-04-03 21:08

    Sorry for your loss. Sounds like this man was an awesome individual that will be missed by all who where around him.

  8. #8typ42024-05-28 20:25

    It seems the good one are taken too soon. Positive energy your way.