Lost my dad 6 years ago and it was hard.He passed from a heart attack in his sleep and I remember getting the call from mom that he passed away and I cried.Called work and said not coming in due to a family death.Luckily my boss understood and gave me a week off for grieving.He was there for my family too helping us out.My dad was a great guy,he saved my life preventing me from going in the wrong direction in life.I was hanging in the wrong crowd getting in trouble twice and he signed me up for a program for troubled teens to see what prison life was like at age 16.It got me through and I learned well cleaning my life up.Was a great grandfather to my 3 kids as well.I inherited his tools and Caterpiller front end/front end loader he bought new.Good thing is my mom is doing good as a widow,she misses him and he was always great to her.He never layed a hand,verbally and physically abused her.Dad said I was a blessing,the youngest of 3 having 2 older brothers.Dad prayed it was a girl the 3rd and final time when my mom was pregnant with me.He got his wish including my mom.
I'm sorry for your loss. The world needs more fathers like him.
Dad said he had to teach me tough love.It was after I recieved my 2nd minor in possession ticket,got caught drinking a beer at a party busted by cops.My dad was not too happy with me that night including my oldest brother.Oldest brother was busted for a DUI,dad would not bail him out of jail.Right after I finished that program,found out I was pregnant with my first kid and that is when I knew things had to change in the right way.Dad was proud of me knowing I had to grow up and had raise a child.The ex friend and I did get intimate with no protection.He bailed out on me after finding out I was pregnant.I showed my dad I would be a good mother to my son whom is 28 now
I'm sorry for your loss man