Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My two old gals. 1981 Freightliner and KW cabovers.

LowBoy ยท 2012-07-27 04:51

Boy, been a while since my last visit here...been extremely busy which is good I guess. Just thought I'd show off my 2 latest midlife crisis additions, with more coming all the time. I first got this 1981 Freightliner coe for something to tinker with, then I immediately got the old truckitis disease and started getting into antique truck clubs and shows. Now I'm ruined for life, and dragged my son into this mess also. Right after the FL, I bought an '81 KW aerodyne double bunk that was rough to say the least, but we resurrected it and are currently working on it as I type to try and get it to the Barrington, NH antique truck show on Aug. 18th is the goal. Just got a 73 IH Transtar as well...the sickness continues.

Replies8
  1. #1The Engine Shed2012-07-30 21:59

    Thanks for sharing , the Freightliner looks great ! I'm sure there aren't a lot of them surviving in that condition. I'll be in PA. the weekend of the Barrington show. Tom

  2. #2Steve Frazier2012-07-30 22:46

    I've always admired those Freightliners, you see fewer and fewer of them these days. Nice work!

  3. #3willie592012-07-30 22:59

    Lemme guess, that Freight shaker has a Detroit in it. Love the pics LowBoy...keep em coming.

  4. #4LowBoy2012-07-31 06:02

    Those twin chimney's are deceiving willie...not a Yamaha. It's got an A Model 380 Cat and a 15 speed. Actually, the KW is spec'd the same way too... Thanks for the comments, it's a fun deal!:thumbsup

  5. #5LowBoy2012-07-31 06:10

    They're sure getting more and more scarce Steve. This style anyways. There's still a lot of 1986 and newer around, with square headlights, straight louvered grill, etc., but I don't have any interest in that style personally. This classic look is something I grew up around and spent some time riding on the doghouse in. I'm collecting all the old ones that intrigued me as a youngster I guess.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2012-07-31 23:54

    Nice to see you back LowBoy. I like them both, but would chose the KW any time.

  7. #7nedly052012-08-01 05:02

    LOWBOY!!! Glad to see you back, neat trucks you are going to have to keep us updated on progress now!

  8. #8LowBoy2012-08-03 12:34

    Hay nedly! Long time no reply eh? Been away from the computer desk/forum dwelling with plenty of outdoor projects keeping me hopping. I'll keep you posted on the old cabover progress for sure. Right now I'm outside working on this Flowboy I have for sale, making it better every day. Painted it all up, and just doing some small cosmetic work now. It'll make someone a great trailer to have around, for short money. Good to hear from you bud.