Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My weekend tree removal pics, enjoy

cb1 ยท 2009-08-04 01:31

So, I had a big (white) pine in my hard that was in the way and down she came. I'm sure you'll all point out my shortfalls, but I do with what I have. Roped the tree high, cut the roots on both sides, pulled and pushed together, missed by a couple of feet from a perfect landing. Oh, and about those 4 in 1 buckets, see the last picture..... Thanks, cb1

Replies15
  1. #1cb12009-08-04 01:33

    next

  2. #2cb12009-08-04 01:35

    next 2

  3. #3cb12009-08-04 01:37

    and lastly......

  4. #4watglen2009-08-04 07:02

    nice!

  5. #5wolf442009-08-04 08:16

    What was wrong with the tree?

  6. #6cb12009-08-04 12:51

    One, it had issues with bugs etc., at ground level. Looked worse than what it was. Second, it was in the way of more apple trees. I have approximately 200 apple trees and will be planting more.

  7. #7dirt digger2009-08-04 13:04

    what are you doing with the wood?...I had about 5 pine trees just like that...only not as tall I took out with a Takeuchi TL130....the smaller the machine the more challanging it is...nobody wants to do it the easy way..HAHA

  8. #8cb12009-08-04 13:14

    I have one stick from that tree that was not to knotty for the saw mill. I have several other pine trees that I felled in the past year that are going as well. Too include a big oak. I just picked up a well used trailer that will haul my crawler and needs a new bed, so that is what I will use the oak for. The pine is for a new porch project.

  9. #9dirt digger2009-08-04 13:42

    good deal...i was hoping that you would say that instead of using it for fire wood...haha when i cut mine down i hauled them to a friends farm and lit them up...i wanted to take them to a mill but apparently the closest pine mill to me is 2 hours away...it would have cost more in fuel then I would have got for the logs

  10. #10cb12009-08-04 17:46

    Yeah, I get to be at the stacking end of the mill. That will be a long (fun) day....

  11. #11DigDug2009-08-04 20:10

    Nice job CB with your crawler. Chainsaws are overrated!

  12. #12Wolf2009-08-04 20:43

    Sweet pictures, and nice job with the 4-in-1 bucket!

  13. #13cb12009-08-04 22:05

    I learned my lesson on big trees. Cut the tree and dig out the stump and you might as well be digging a basement. It takes about as long. Push the tree over with the stump attached and wallah..

  14. #14D5G2009-08-05 00:08

    Nice job!:thumbsup That 125C looks like its in great shape.:drinkup

  15. #15CatManDoes2009-09-21 04:04

    hi,,, quite interesting......