Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My wife bought me 4 new pair of overalls and this.

twr · 2019-11-14 10:52

Climax BB5500, Hey its Christmas every day round here.

Replies25
  1. #1Ronsii2019-11-14 11:00

    Nice box!!!!! hopefully it is filled?

  2. #2twr2019-11-14 11:53

    Oh ya, its even got instruction manuals in 6 different languages, that was prolly extra 500 bucks.

  3. #3Labparamour2019-11-14 11:54

    You’ve got a keeper!! Very nice

  4. #4Nige2019-11-14 12:29

    Just exactly how full the box is depends on how many of the "extras" you bought with it....... First thing we did was to put some heavy-duty caster wheels on the box. It gets to be a pain to keep moving it around with a pallet truck.

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-11-14 12:46

    If my wife scored something like that for me, it would sound something like this. Happy birthday, merry Christmas (whatever) now get out there and make us some money, b!tch!!!

  6. #6Nige2019-11-14 13:26

    A couple of photos of our B5500 hard at work.

  7. #7twr2019-11-14 16:12

    Yes sir that's nice I had these made for my York I think I can move around stuff and get it all in. we can crane these in the back of truck.

  8. #8Volvomad2019-11-14 17:36

    Is your sister inlaw single ?

  9. #9Junkyard2019-11-14 18:13

    I’m curious....what did you to deserve that or what did she do the necessitate that? Lol Looks awesome. I’m jealous!

  10. #10Bls repair2019-11-16 18:25

    Wants you to keep on working . Kind of like when I bought my wife a sweeper and sewing machine for Christmas. I bet you were happier then my Wife

  11. #11crane operator2019-11-16 20:53

    I'm going to admit, I first read this post on my phone where I don't get to see the pictures. I wondered what climax bb5500 was, and why you were telling everyone that your wife bought it for you, and a boring bar set up wasn't the first thing that came to my mind, when I read the post. Sorry. That said, any wife that buys you quality tools is a good find.

  12. #12Ronsii2019-11-17 00:22

    LOL!!!!! Crane op.

  13. #13twr2019-11-17 14:21

    Had to take out 10 years of one time use plates and fixtures but it all fit, now just have to tidy up a little.

  14. #14twr2019-11-17 14:26

    Basic set up with 4' and 6' bar will do smaller stuff with York for a while, studying on the different facing heads. Got to go slow don't want the ole gal think I'm being greedy.

  15. #15Ronsii2019-11-17 14:57

    You know that you'll be needing some of those next week now that you pulled em' out of there right???

  16. #16funwithfuel2019-11-17 14:57

    Slicker than snot on a doorknob.

  17. #17twr2019-11-17 15:37

    I know that's why I started another box.

  18. #18Nige2019-11-17 16:37

    Hydraulic drive or electric.?

  19. #19twr2019-11-17 17:58

    Electric for now

  20. #20Tinkerer2019-11-17 20:54

    You are a lucky guy twr ! In more ways than one. I wish RayF were still around to read this thread. He would have liked it I'm sure.

  21. #21ETER2019-11-18 17:55

    Doing a grapple and link today with my old "home made" rig...sure wish I had a shiny new blue one of one of those! I would be happy to "road test" the new unit for you

  22. #22twr2019-11-18 19:36

    Thanks, I new it was gonna happen one showed up on Ebay 10K less oh well

  23. #23Volvomad2019-11-21 19:44

    Eter ,your home made rig looks pretty cool .

  24. #24ETER2019-11-22 05:33

    Thanks Volvomad, it has worked out pretty good... eventually I would like to have an "on the bar drive" machine for those tight spots and greater torque for larger bores. Regards, Bob

  25. #25Vetech632019-11-22 14:37

    When I saw the name on that I was expecting it to come with whipped cream and handcuffs.