Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mystery Michigan loader??

quantum500 ยท 2009-04-09 01:02

What is this thing?? Sold at one time by Buran Equipment company in california.

Replies13
  1. #1Cretebaby2009-04-09 01:05

    IDK:beatsmebut those are quite the lift cylinders

  2. #2quantum5002009-04-09 01:17

    Thats what I thought.....think about the lift height!! I think it may have been a log loader but I have no idea. Somebody scabbed on the bucket, you will notice in one the pictures it is a bit on the narrow and small side for the size of the machine.

  3. #3Frenchy2009-04-13 22:44

    How you get in there??? By the front? 2 lift cylinder each side??? Frenchy:canada

  4. #4WabcoMan2009-04-13 23:08

    Looks to be a Michigan 275-I. The old Pettibone loaders were quite similar in appearance.

  5. #5mackman2009-04-14 20:28

    It looks like most of it is a 275 A series 1 I would say since the bucket don't match it must of had forks for logs or containers but it looks awful straight to have been loading logs? Either way its super cool! I would like to know what the placards say above the cylinders.

  6. #6quantum5002009-04-14 22:16

    Buran equipment

  7. #7Taylortractornu2009-04-14 23:09

    see the little pads i nthe corners on the front protective railes that was the steps I ran I thnk was called a 175 a little 2 yard machine like that one but smaller. As close as the cylinders are to the boom pivot I bet it had to have that set uup to out power the leverage of the arms and bucket.

  8. #8SterlingR2009-04-15 19:43

    I would say it is an "A" series but I do not think it is a 275 based on the man beside the tire. It looks to small or he is very tall.lol Maybe the 125?

  9. #9WabcoMan2009-04-16 18:24

    No, it's definately larger than a 175. On the 175, the loader arm attachment points are parallel with the rear hood. This beast has them mounted consideravly higher - it's a 275A-I

  10. #10GEORGES2009-06-22 17:16

    I think also it' s a 275 a-i collector piece now!

  11. #11willd8r2009-06-22 18:04

    It's just how they used to be

  12. #12GEORGES2009-06-22 19:14

    in Europe, they ar exported to africa ,they buy all all old loaders for working..and still work everyday !

  13. #13Kiwi Will2009-08-26 13:47

    If its safety features are original, she'd be a scary thing to use if it had been used for logging. Bugger all operator protection ay. Real steroids lookin' with those rams! Looks tidy though.